Chappie

Cockpit lighting

03 Sig 300. I’m looking for recommendations for led lighting in the cockpit area. Currently, the only lights in the cockpit are the radar arch lights. I’m looking for more of an ambient/mood that would illuminate the floor in the rear bench area as well as under the helm console. Has anyone added such lighting? Any stay away froms or go tos? Thanks!

I did speaker rings on mine. They did turn the cockpit a pretty blue.

They were pretty bright I'd turn them off at night when driving.

large.IMG_1435.JPG.85fcdea2f2093b693bac7d755fa578f6.JPG

I changed mine to all blue leds..  I second the fact they are bright and it was hard to see while on at night.  It looked like a #%^$&%$ blue tanning bed so I eventually switched the bow area light back to white to blend it out better:) The blue is neat looking tough 

8D74CD27-A905-441A-966C-9CD62B2D42C2.jpeg

I have a 2000 Sig 300.  Similar issue.  Only two lights in the radar arch for overhead, and only two lights down low for walkway.  I just started planning where to add some small LED lights.  I may also add another pair of overhead, or change bulbs to LED for more lumens.  During the COVID summer I worked from the boat a lot more, and found myself trying to do work at night and it wasn't bright enough.  If you are careful with placement, it should be possible to add several ambience lights under the seats. I wish I was further along to show you what I was going to do.

I put red LED strips under my consoles and longer ones under my gunwales. Attached them with 3M tape. My boat came with no interior lighting at all. I replaced the horn rocker on the dash with a cockpit lighting switch. Shown on this video starting at the 7:50 mark.

Best picture that I have with them on at night......

y4m-UOzsENrSgYIYy3HN4_MXcVxfdSKFl-O24NwA

57 minutes ago, tomnjo said:

I put red LED strips under my consoles and longer ones under my gunwales. Attached them with 3M tape. My boat came with no interior lighting at all. I replaced the horn rocker on the dash with a cockpit lighting switch. Shown on this video starting at the 7:50 mark.

Best picture that I have with them on at night......

y4m-UOzsENrSgYIYy3HN4_MXcVxfdSKFl-O24NwA

That’s was your you tube video?  Good stuff, clever ideas in that video!

4 minutes ago, Youngz said:

Yes, that's my channel.

1 hour ago, tomnjo said:

I replaced the horn rocker on the dash with a cockpit lighting switch.

I hope you have a secondary horn (portable air horn works) in case of a safety inspection. 

Installed a little red horn button on the panel. Had that type on my old Crownline. Visible right under the chart plotter mount in the pic......

y4mye5IjNQ0ICFJPfSHpcskfJRUURTGya6vObhvD

Nice video tour.  Man that boat has a lot of storage space for its size!

21 hours ago, Youngz said:

I am stealing soo many ideas.

large.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1559.jpg.1c4c2947de21782f92838b4523b1b603.jpggallery_456_1009_1994165.jpg

1 hour ago, IndyChap said:

I am stealing soo many ideas.

large.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1559.jpg.1c4c2947de21782f92838b4523b1b603.jpggallery_456_1009_1994165.jpg

Steal away since your are keeping her, er mean, got her back. And did a repower. You and your boat are like a soap opera.  :D

Actually we are river rats on the Mississippi River. Our little boat would get rocked at LOTO.  :unsure:

Yeah my 24’ likes calm water but does ok in a little chop..  however I pucker up every time a big cruiser rolls by!:haha-7383:

We started staying down by Linn Creek and Camdenton. It's not as bad as Osage Beach area. Still plenty of restaurants to drive or boat too.

Yup I’m at 18MM in Osage beach.. but another great calm area is up past Bear Bottom..  heading up towards MM 51ish... like glass there.  WOT is no trouble. Then I get hit with reality as i pass Captain Ron’s and get close to main channel:)

We used to go to my old boss's house in the Little Niangua Arm. Not bad in there.

So when I plan my trip to LOTO I will get with you guys for the 411.  I have a friend that has a connection to Robins Resort so that’s where we were planning on staying.  Is this going to be a problem for a 21’ boat??

Actually I think that will be ideal..  that’s just under and past the grand glaze bridge away from main channel.  You could stay towards the state park side and be just fine.  Also you cold still go to Dog Days which is close to main channel but on the weekends it’s no wake from the grand glaze bridge to Dog Days.  When u get closer to going let me know.