SOLVED- Missing hatches on Chap 300

I have a 2001 Chaparral 300 and I am needing some help. I am hoping that someone else on this forum also has a 300 and is willing to help. Does anyone have a 300, or know of anyone outside the forum that has a 300?

Thank you,

Aaron 

Hey Jeff,

I purchased a boat and the previous owner lost the two engine hatches some how. I was trying to find someone with the same boat so I could make a mold with their hatches to have them reproduced. I ended up finding some materials that let me make the prototypes and I am really happy with the way they turned out. l will take the prototypes to fiberglass this week and see how it goes from there. 

here are some pictures. Maybe it will help someone else out. 

I ended up cutting the shape from half inch MDF. I then found a trim piece at home depot that matched the profile almost perfect. I had to cut it down slightly. Then I took a sheet of PVC and cut it into strips. I nailed the PVC to the edge of the MDF to create the lip. At the corners I heated it with a hair dryer so it would bend to the contour. Came out really nice. 

newhatch.jpg

newhatches.jpg

sidehatch.jpg

• aarondadams changed the title to SOLVED- Missing hatches on Chap 300