Jump to content
cyclops2

Is it May 1, 2021 ?

Recommended Posts

 

  Cabin fever is early this year.  I have repaired all of my to do list items.  Today the last 2 spares come in for the furnace.   Home Depot I will pick up 2 spare 30 amp.  fuses.

I feel relaxed.   But am getting RAMMY  to keep busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm already sitting in my chair watching tv waiting for next season to begin.

This has been the best season since I took ownership of the boat 12 years ago. This season is the longest I've ever kept the boat in the water without interruption.

Although the boat is sitting in the driveway covered up from lake effect rain today, I still haven't winterized it yet hoping that a day will come soon that maybe I can get one more run in. November 1st is my deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season? Mines in full swing....  Sitting on the boat as I type this waiting for 2 other couples to show up and then we head up lake. 77*= perfect..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SST said:

I'm already sitting in my chair watching tv waiting for next season to begin.

This has been the best season since I took ownership of the boat 12 years ago. This season is the longest I've ever kept the boat in the water without interruption.

Although the boat is sitting in the driveway covered up from lake effect rain today, I still haven't winterized it yet hoping that a day will come soon that maybe I can get one more run in. November 1st is my deadline.

Yesterday went fishing for lake Erie Perch, got 51.

58 degrees out side of my girl, 70 degrees inside, with some help from her 2000 Honda genny, and heater.

This is probably her last run, unless we get one of those Indian Summer Days, of the past.  Denny.

IMG_1769.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cyclops2 said:

Nice set up. The heat is at the driver.

Thanks cyc, that one is for when I am on 110V with the genny or shore power.

This one is set up like your car heater core, (actually 2 cores) and runs off of the hot water from the engine when I am running on those chilly days and nights, and does empty right under the helm seat with 3 exit ports along with a squirrel cage type blower motor that blows across to the port side. Denny.

0707141406a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 9:33 AM, cyclops2 said:

 

  Cabin fever is early this year.  I have repaired all of my to do list items.  Today the last 2 spares come in for the furnace.   Home Depot I will pick up 2 spare 30 amp.  fuses.

I feel relaxed.   But am getting RAMMY  to keep busy.

Me to, I am ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2002 had available HEAT & A C  for the 186 SSI  & V 8.  Wifes retirement boat . She said NO !!  Waste of money.

Now the old bodies.  Say yes !!

Too late. Bundle up.

Way back in the 1950s. We would take the engine & heat & AC system with the engine. extend water & AC hoses with fan switches.  Done Took the whole passenger side of the heater & AC cores as a unit.  Top up.  Life is Excellent.   :mandancing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did more boating this year than we have done in a very long time. My trailer had two of the four cross members crack, so I had the get the boat off of the trailer to have it welded. Got a slip on the river on June 30th for the season, which made it a very busy season. Not sure if it was the convenience of having the slip or just wanting to get our moneys worth. Also, the river cooperated, stayed within it's banks for the rest of the summer. Put 30 hours on her this year, which is alot for our boating habits which are mainly restaurant and bar hopping along the river with an occasional stop at the beach. Having a slip was nice, would have been better with a lift. Cleaning has been a chore. Maybe next season, we will see what happens over the next few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tomnjo said:

Did more boating this year than we have done in a very long time. My trailer had two of the four cross members crack, so I had the get the boat off of the trailer to have it welded. Got a slip on the river on June 30th for the season, which made it a very busy season. Not sure if it was the convenience of having the slip or just wanting to get our moneys worth. Also, the river cooperated, stayed within it's banks for the rest of the summer. Put 30 hours on her this year, which is alot for our boating habits which are mainly restaurant and bar hopping along the river with an occasional stop at the beach. Having a slip was nice, would have been better with a lift. Cleaning has been a chore. Maybe next season, we will see what happens over the next few months.

(trailer repairs) There isn't an ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good.  Denny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tomnjo said:

Did more boating this year than we have done in a very long time. My trailer had two of the four cross members crack, so I had the get the boat off of the trailer to have it welded. Got a slip on the river on June 30th for the season, which made it a very busy season. Not sure if it was the convenience of having the slip or just wanting to get our moneys worth. Also, the river cooperated, stayed within it's banks for the rest of the summer. Put 30 hours on her this year, which is alot for our boating habits which are mainly restaurant and bar hopping along the river with an occasional stop at the beach. Having a slip was nice, would have been better with a lift. Cleaning has been a chore. Maybe next season, we will see what happens over the next few months.

How do you avoid sand bars along the river?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SST said:

How do you avoid sand bars along the river?

The main channel is maintained by the Corp of Engineers and is clearly marked with the standard red and green barrels. Just stay in between and we are fine. The out of the channel sloughs that we boat in are large and have a consistent depth. The biggest hazard on the river are the floating logs. I am never sitting on my seat, always standing, so I can spot things early and hopefully avoid them. Haven't lost my outdrive in 27 years on the river, just a couple of chunks out of the cavitation plate. Lots of luck involved in that but I like to think some of my skills have helped.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...