I'm looking for an affordable bilge heater to use this winter. I'm not going to winterize my boat because I live in Alabama and there are not many days/nights that the temperature falls at or below freezing also we take the boat to the lake and go camping in the off-season. What do you guys use? 

The best help you can get5 ?  IS    DRAIN the engine !!  It will not be damaged by ice  if drained. 6  BILLION drainings DONE CORRECTLY and EARLY enough have proven that world wide.  

Also be sure to drain ANY OTHER water cooled parts of the boat & engine area. Like water cooled fuel pumps. 

If someone else screws up the draining ?  You are PISSED & have a argument. If you screw up It is a education. You can & will Know the boat next spring will run like this year.

Enjoy taking care of  your boat.  Covid WILL destroy a lot of winter engines this year.  Bank on it.  I clean & spray RED all drain valves & plugs

Thanks for the advice. But I'm looking for a good deal on a engine compartment heater. This is my first winter with a inboard/outboard. We had a pontoon boat with an outboard motor the last couple of winters and we like to still go camping on the lake in the off-season so I'm not draining my engine so it's not that I don't know how to drain my engine I've seen enough YouTube videos and I've asked plenty of other boat owners in my area about that subject and no one I've talked to yet drains their engine here in this part of Alabama. Although I'm sure any further up north that would definitely be the best way to go. Also I'm not looking to find out what kind of deals you guys have got in the past but... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A CURRENT GOOD DEAL ON AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT HEATER? THANKS!

Hope you don't have an extended power outage.  I knew of someone that relied on a bilge heater one winter, then the ice storm hit and the power was out for ahwile. then the engine froze.

3 hours ago, rreale said:

Hope you don't have an extended power outage

Yep, even though I have a bilge heater, I still winterize everything on the boat because never know when electricity at the slip is out. I think I can safely get 2-3 more weeks of boating before the process begins.

3 hours ago, Bama Breeze said:

within a 10-day forecast that's when I will drain all the water from my boat

That's what I do and looking ahead, I think I have several weeks left.

New York.....never. Texoma, the lake is part Texas, part Oklahoma.

It only takes 5 to 10 minutes to CLOSE EVERY drain.......... RUMP  RUMP time. 

5 to 10 minutes to drain again.  ...................... Doo it as required........................ YOU MUST DRAIN on the traler or BEFORE The boat is out of reach !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO EXCEPTIONS to those rules.