Fuel Stabilizer Chevron vs Sta-Bil

Been using the Sta-Bil Marine 360 for a while now on all the boats I service, and have been really impressed with how it protects fuel systems and engine internals. I've had occasion to service fuel cells, injectors, and cylinder heads and have always been able to reuse existing components. No accumulation on intake or exhaust valves, clean injectors, and no apparent wear on fuel pump internals. I won't change as I'm satisfied and if you buy quart bottles in case quantity as I do, it's pretty cheap insurance. Not very hard to tell when a boat shows up here who's owner does not use a fuel treatment.   W

12 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Been using the Sta-Bil Marine 360 for a while now on all the boats I service, and have been really impressed with how it protects fuel systems and engine internals. I've had occasion to service fuel cells, injectors, and cylinder heads and have always been able to reuse existing components. No accumulation on intake or exhaust valves, clean injectors, and no apparent wear on fuel pump internals. I won't change as I'm satisfied and if you buy quart bottles in case quantity as I do, it's pretty cheap insurance. Not very hard to tell when a boat shows up here who's owner does not use a fuel treatment.   W

Do you use Sta-Bil as a regular treatment during the season when you fuel up or just as part of winterization?

9 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Do you use Sta-Bil as a regular treatment during the season when you fuel up or just as part of winterization?

Both, as I treat 1oz per 5 gallon in season, and 2 oz per gallon in fogging mixture, along with 8 oz Merc premium 2 cycle oil. I also store my fuel tank dead empty.  W

I recently communicated with the Stabil folks. They use PEA in their formula, the exact same main ingredient that is in the Chevron product that is responsible for keeping the internals clean. Chevron invented the Amine so they were first to market, but now others can use it as well.

I have never used any stabilizer in the Mercruiser  5.0 V8 Carbed engines.  That are stored from October to May 23 in up state N Y or N J.  GOOD GAS does NOT SPOIL in 6 months.  A GOOD  HONEST Marina gas place solved all my problems of O B & stern drive  engines.

Right   I have the only good engines in the USA.  Where I boat.

DO we all add  stabilizer to every car we drive ?