2 hours ago, rreale said:

I had an original mast headlight on my arch, (which you can see in this) photo. I then changed to an all around light like this one when I changed to LED, because when I run at night at half plane my stern light is mounted just above my swim platform and is not very visible at a distance.

Mine too folds down, because I literally have one and a half inches to clear my door way in my building.  Denny.

0707141405.jpg

15 hours ago, Denny said:

I had an original mast headlight on my arch, (which you can see in this) photo. I then changed to an all around light like this one when I changed to LED, because when I run at night at half plane my stern light is mounted just above my swim platform and is not very visible at a distance.

I had noticed this among many larger boats, that their stern light is below the water level when moving along. Sometimes I came upon a boat or two at night that I didn't see until really close.  From this, I figured mine does the same thing. If I'm not on plane, my wake is pretty tall and therefore my stern light is not likely viewable.

But for me, an all around light would cause me night blindness as I don't have an arch. My stern lights are still above the swim platform and the windshield frame. I've been considering putting a new stern light in above the swim platform and either run both or "unplug" the lower one. 

3 hours ago, SST said:

I had noticed this among many larger boats, that their stern light is below the water level when moving along. Sometimes I came upon a boat or two at night that I didn't see until really close.  From this, I figured mine does the same thing. If I'm not on plane, my wake is pretty tall and therefore my stern light is not likely viewable.

But for me, an all around light would cause me night blindness as I don't have an arch. My stern lights are still above the swim platform and the windshield frame. I've been considering putting a new stern light in above the swim platform and either run both or "unplug" the lower one. 

I run both.

Before I added the arch, I extended my original one on the wind shield to a height above my head, while I was standing, no more night blindness.

When I did not need it, I folded it and let the light end rest on the deck.  Denny.

12 hours ago, Lewis Baker said:

The problem with this is the base of the light that attaches to the tower is also a tow point for skiers/wake boarders. 

Do as I did, mount it on the forward or the aft sides of the arch, if possible.  Denny.

The anchor and stern light on smaller boats are one of the same. But once you get over 25ft there 2 separate lights. You need to look up the Colregs from the U.S.C.G.

I have a 29 footer. So I have a stern light and a mast head light. Plus the red and green on the bow that goes without saying.