Installing radar on 1999 270 signature

1 hour ago, Santa said:

1999 270 signature with an arch. Has anyone installed a radar on the radar arch. Trying to figure out access for running 12volt wire. Is it possible to run a wire inside the arch?

Yes it is possible. 

2 hours ago, Santa said:

1999 270 signature with an arch. Has anyone installed a radar on the radar arch. Trying to figure out access for running 12volt wire. Is it possible to run a wire inside the arch?

I did it on a 2008 250 Sig (similar boat).  I will say that I actually replaced the radar, so I had the existing wires to help pull the new ones through.  Lots of room in the arch to run wires across then down the arch into the gunwale.  Get some cable fishing tools (rods or cable) to make it a little easier.  Run from the arch/guwale forward behind the helm and to a fuse protected power supply.  Easy peasey!  Note, the new Raymarine radar I installed was "wireless".  Yes, you still have to run 12v power, but the connection to the MFD is wireless.  It takes some time to connect, but after the initial connection I have never had any connectivity issues.  However, if you have to run the 12v wire anyway, I'd probably opt to run a data cable too just to have a good, solid data connection.  I don't like wireless stuff if I can help it.

2 hours ago, Santa said:

Do you have an access panel to the inside of the arch on the bottom of it or is it one of those two-piece arches?  Maybe a pic of the arch would help.  Most of the newer ones have access panels on the bottom side of the arch and at the ends where they bolt to the side of the boat to snake wires through either of those.