Chargemetrix Installation.

Hello folks, 

Haven't been here for a while, mainly because nothing has broken lately :D and I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I've moved to a new mooring which is somewhat more remote than the marina with no shore power, and  I wanted to be able to monitor my battery condition remotely via 4G using an app on my phone; the fear being that the batteries go flat before I can get down there with my generator. I discovered Chargemetrix which does exactly what I wanted and thought it might be useful for anyone else with the same issue.

Chargemetrix

I installed the Siren Pro alarm system https://sirenmarine.com/?utm_source=AdSt&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=S3P_Launch&utm_term=%2Bmarine %2Balarm&utm_content=BOATSECURITY&gclid=CjwKCAiA-_L9BRBQEiwA-bm5fjCjLOxtbfCMAQ2AQNU9b8wzOatUhhmy0dRUpQ9wuWYEkrhqy9m1UxoCFxQQAvD_BwE

It tells me if I loose shore power. Monitors house and starting batteries. You can also hookup high water, temp and door alarms and inputs to monitor more stuff.  

While I think this thing is neat, doesn't it rob the energy from the batteries its monitoring? I didn't watch the whole video......does it come with its own batteries?

This reminds me long ago when I purchased an in-home light timer. That timer caused my electric bill to skyrocket.  I soon dawned on me that the timer is running 24 hours a day even though the light is only working for a couple of hours.  I chucked the timer.