Happy New Years. 
so my wife and I take our boat on lots of vacations and explore new lakes. The farthest from us here in central Illinois is to Lake Cumberland. Usually twice a year. We have done the Ozarks and Lake Erie. These trips can sometimes be as short as a long weekend. 
My question is do you take yours on trips like this? If so how far away, how long?

• 2 weeks later...

We have made a few road-road trips but that was when the kids were younger. But after a while we settled to just one area, we found it nice to meet up with the ne freinds every year.

We are based out of Phoenix.

Lake Pleasant is our go to- its only15 minutes away but it is really rocky. You can get in the water, but nearly impossible to go to shore. 

Lake Powell- 1-2 times a year. About 5 hours and awesome. Go for long weekends. Especially Labor day. 

Long Beach- My dad keeps his Carver in long beach. So we can head to the ocean. Go to New Port, etc.

Catalina- Once a year or so we go to Catalina. Its about a 7 hour drive towing the boat and my small kids. Once we get to long beach its 26 miles across and typically takes an hour or so. Almost always see dolphins. Hard to go right now though because of the lockdown. 

Id like to venture out more so I am looking at options right now. I am thinking of heading to lake mead. Maybe see what else is close by. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, aarondadams said:

We are based out of Phoenix.

Lake Pleasant is our go to- its only15 minutes away but it is really rocky. You can get in the water, but nearly impossible to go to shore. 

Lake Powell- 1-2 times a year. About 5 hours and awesome. Go for long weekends. Especially Labor day. 

Long Beach- My dad keeps his Carver in long beach. So we can head to the ocean. Go to New Port, etc.

Catalina- Once a year or so we go to Catalina. Its about a 7 hour drive towing the boat and my small kids. Once we get to long beach its 26 miles across and typically takes an hour or so. Almost always see dolphins. Hard to go right now though because of the lockdown. 

Id like to venture out more so I am looking at options right now. I am thinking of heading to lake mead. Maybe see what else is close by. 

We own a vacation house in Clearwater Florida but I don’t have the guts to bring my boat down and put it in saltwater. I’m terrified as to what it will do to the engine and trailer. 

On 1/23/2021 at 9:13 PM, IndyChap said:

Best family trip!  gallery_456_1009_855278.jpg

We are actually heading there this summer right after the July 4th holiday. We are coming from Illinois and meeting with friends from Cincinnati. Really looking forward to this trip. Have heard nothing but great things about the lake.