Possibly Relocation to Dallas

Hello All,

Well the time seems to be approaching that we might be relocating to Dallas/FW this year. I’m a northern Midwest boater and frequent many lakes here. It will be nice to have my season extended a few on both ends in Texas. Since I have never been boated in the area we have been looking at the Lewisville Lake surrounding area. What can you tell me about that lake and other lakes I should be looking at or staying away from. I have a 21ft Chap if that makes a difference. 
Thanks 

Lewisville is where I keep my boat. The lake is not bad size for a lake around Dallas, but can get busy on the weekends in the summer. It is not a really deep lake and has several areas that have tree stumps, so get a good map before going out. I like it since it is only a few minutes from were I live and I use it on weekdays and not weekends. It is also not very clear, it is referred to as stained. It may take some getting use to coming from the upper mid west lake. For a really nice big lake Texoma is nice, but like most area lakes weekend tend to be busy. A 21 ft on Texoma may be a little small, it can get rough.  Where you boat is going to depend on how you are going to boat.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 2:23 PM, mpm330 said:

Lewisville is where I keep my boat. The lake is not bad size for a lake around Dallas, but can get busy on the weekends in the summer. It is not a really deep lake and has several areas that have tree stumps, so get a good map before going out. I like it since it is only a few minutes from were I live and I use it on weekdays and not weekends. It is also not very clear, it is referred to as stained. It may take some getting use to coming from the upper mid west lake. For a really nice big lake Texoma is nice, but like most area lakes weekend tend to be busy. A 21 ft on Texoma may be a little small, it can get rough.  Where you boat is going to depend on how you are going to boat.

Thanks for the reply. As well as the advice. The move would happen in the next 2 years or so. Boating consumes a big part of our life so being in the right area is key for us. 
Thanks again