Sign in to follow this  
Bickersons2

I will be attending the Miami Boat

I will be attending the Miami Boat Show for the first time. Does anyone have any tips on the do's and don'ts, parking, getting around, where to eat, best time to go to the marina or the convention center etc...? I'm looking to cover as much ground as possible in the few days I will be there.

Thanks

randy

I will be attending the Miami Boat Show for the first time. Does anyone have any tips on the do's and don'ts, parking, getting around, where to eat, best time to go to the marina or the convention center etc...? I'm looking to cover as much ground as possible in the few days I will be there.

Thanks

randy

The only ground in the show you will need to cover is the Chaparral booth. That's my tip for you. ;)

Parking is nuts. Get there early and MAYBE you'll get in the parking garage on Washington. Otherwise, park at the Miami Beach High scholl across the street. Most of the industry is now staying at hotels in walking distance. They are VERY EXPENSIVE tho and require a reservation a full year in advance.

Take in the Convention Center first. Then the Marina at the Marriott. There will be a buss shuttle system to get you around to the different locations so you only park once. Allow an hour for the shuttle transfer.

There is another show happening at the same time. It is the "brokerage" show. It is all of the larger boats in the water north of the convention center. This is worth another day....Unless you want a mega yacht, save this for last.

Plan on eating on Souuth Beach one night. All sidewalk cafes with plenty to SEE....lol I can suggest some of the better eateries if you wish a list.

Plan on eating on Souuth Beach one night. All sidewalk cafes with plenty to SEE....lol I can suggest some of the better eateries if you wish a list.

you will SEE anything and everything. some things are not for the modest.

you will SEE anything and everything. some things are not for the modest.

Two things start with a "B" , Boats and B____, both of them, the bigger, the better :).

Two things start with a "B" , Boats and B____, both of them, the bigger, the better :).

See thread, "for the married people"......................

Parking is nuts. Get there early and MAYBE you'll get in the parking garage on Washington. Otherwise, park at the Miami Beach High scholl across the street. Most of the industry is now staying at hotels in walking distance. They are VERY EXPENSIVE tho and require a reservation a full year in advance.

Take in the Convention Center first. Then the Marina at the Marriott. There will be a buss shuttle system to get you around to the different locations so you only park once. Allow an hour for the shuttle transfer.

There is another show happening at the same time. It is the "brokerage" show. It is all of the larger boats in the water north of the convention center. This is worth another day....Unless you want a mega yacht, save this for last.

Thanks for the tips and if you have some places to eat that you recommend that would be great

ok,

Well, Joe's Stone Crab is a Miami staple. They specialize in STONE CRAB (obviously). Always a line to get in.

Smith and Wolinsky's is a NYC steak house that opened shop on the government cut - a block from Joe's.

There is a great Cuban sandwich shop on Meridian just south of 17th street. We walk from the convention center for better lunch.

Again...a walk down South Beach will unveil a host of sidewalk cafes. Also a walk down Lincoln st will be the same.