Sign in to follow this  
Hank

After reading KY276's posts,

Ok guys, so here's the skinny. PLEASE keep all of this information confidential, meaning DO NOT post any of this in the public forum. This is more a 'now you know the rest of the story' type info.

As it turns out KY wasn't quite telling the whole story...... as I'm sure some of you suspected. So here's the timeline of events as we see them.

Last year KY purchased a new 256 from Rainbow Boats in Rogers Ark.

He did not like the trailer that came with the boat (dealer supplied) and demanded a new one.

The dealer agreed to sell/trade a new trailer of his choosing at dealer cost, but that he would not replace the trailer outright b/c it was up to specs for the boat.

Customer was not satisfied with this response and contacted the trailer manufacturer and asked them to 'upgrade' the trailer for him. The trailer manufacturer offered to change the axles on the trailer (for free). Customer was still not satisfied.

Finally, Rainbow completely refunded the customer the entire purchase price and KY returned the boat.

KY reported Rainbow to the BBB in Arkansas. The BBB cleared Rainbow of any wrong doing or poor business practice. We have a copy of the the letter from the Ark BBB. He contacted Chaps regional sales manager over 12 times during this ordeal demanding that he replace the trailer (realize that trailers are a dealer added option, not chap).

He has since threatened many times to sue Rainbow.

Keep in mind at this point KY lives in Kentucky.

At this point KY shopped around his entire region contacting virtually every dealer and 'allegedly' found a dealer to sell him a leftover non-current boat at dealer cost. This is the boat he currently owns and is discussing in the thread.

OK, ... so now to current times.

There is a strict record kept here at Chaparral of anyone who calls for any executive member. Prior to KY's original post, there is NO record of KY (real name omitted) ever leaving a message or voice mail for the president or vp. He did get in contact with customer service very early on and asked the same questions he's been asking here on the forum. He was answered in that first call. His arch is rated for 1,000 pounds. We do not recommend you tow a tube, but we cannot control what you do with your boat, it's simply a recommendation (mainly to absolve ourselves from 'not-so-smart' boaters who are sue happy).

KY left his first message with a Chaparral Exec on the same day he posted this thread. He received a call back (from the appropriate Customer Service Rep) within a few hours. The next day a decision was made internally by the CS & engineering dept to send him a new aluminum dash panel custom cut for the GPS unit he wants..... (free of charge). KY was extremely happy and gracious on the phone (from what CS tells me).

In no way was this decision influenced by his posts on the forum. This decision was entirely Customer Service related.

So.... KY's known since yesterday that he's getting a free dash panel..... The answer for the arch was the same it was the first time he contacted us.....

Well.... he sure was quick to post all his gripes and whines....... not so quick to post a resolution.....

Feel free to agg him on to coax the resolution out of him. I'm kinda interested to see how he skews it. :tofunny:

BTW.... he is a car salesman.... a used car salesman. Not that I have anything against used car salesmen, just thought you guys would like to know.

Ok guys, so here's the skinny. PLEASE keep all of this information confidential, meaning DO NOT post any of this in the public forum. This is more a 'now you know the rest of the story' type info.

As it turns out KY wasn't quite telling the whole story...... as I'm sure some of you suspected. So here's the timeline of events as we see them.

Last year KY purchased a new 256 from Rainbow Boats in Rogers Ark.

He did not like the trailer that came with the boat (dealer supplied) and demanded a new one.

The dealer agreed to sell/trade a new trailer of his choosing at dealer cost, but that he would not replace the trailer outright b/c it was up to specs for the boat.

Customer was not satisfied with this response and contacted the trailer manufacturer and asked them to 'upgrade' the trailer for him. The trailer manufacturer offered to change the axles on the trailer (for free). Customer was still not satisfied.

Finally, Rainbow completely refunded the customer the entire purchase price and KY returned the boat.

KY reported Rainbow to the BBB in Arkansas. The BBB cleared Rainbow of any wrong doing or poor business practice. We have a copy of the the letter from the Ark BBB. He contacted Chaps regional sales manager over 12 times during this ordeal demanding that he replace the trailer (realize that trailers are a dealer added option, not chap).

He has since threatened many times to sue Rainbow.

Keep in mind at this point KY lives in Kentucky.

At this point KY shopped around his entire region contacting virtually every dealer and 'allegedly' found a dealer to sell him a leftover non-current boat at dealer cost. This is the boat he currently owns and is discussing in the thread.

OK, ... so now to current times.

There is a strict record kept here at Chaparral of anyone who calls for any executive member. Prior to KY's original post, there is NO record of KY (real name omitted) ever leaving a message or voice mail for the president or vp. He did get in contact with customer service very early on and asked the same questions he's been asking here on the forum. He was answered in that first call. His arch is rated for 1,000 pounds. We do not recommend you tow a tube, but we cannot control what you do with your boat, it's simply a recommendation (mainly to absolve ourselves from 'not-so-smart' boaters who are sue happy).

KY left his first message with a Chaparral Exec on the same day he posted this thread. He received a call back (from the appropriate Customer Service Rep) within a few hours. The next day a decision was made internally by the CS & engineering dept to send him a new aluminum dash panel..... (free of charge).

In no way was this decision influenced by his posts on the forum. This decision was entirely Customer Service related.

So.... KY's known since yesterday that he's getting a free dash panel..... The answer for the arch was the same it was the first time he contacted us.....

Well.... he sure was quick to post all his gripes and whines....... not so quick to post a resolution.....

Feel free to agg him on to coax the resolution out of him. I'm kinda interested to see how he skews it. :tofunny:

BTW.... he is a car salesman.... a used car salesman. Not that I have anything against used car salesmen, just thought you guys would like to know.

A used car salesman? :tofunny: :tofunny: :tofunny: The guy PM'd me and told me he owned a Toyota, Lexus, Hyunda and Ford dealerships! Was thinking about selling them!

Where do these people come from?

I've got a bridge for sale in another norther state. The state rhymes with New Fork and the bridge rhymes with Crooklyn. Any buyers??

Great info, Webbie. Thanks for sharing with the DDG (Dry Dock Gang)

Rusty left this tid bit out....

The boat he bought was from Phoenix....remember, he is in Kentucky.

so, I would expect the next problem he voices will be service related. THE DEALER WON'T SERVICE ME.... and it starts again.

Yeah, I guess I did leave that out... sorry.... Yeah, he traveled from Kentucky to Phoenix to buy the boat, and then complains when his local dealer goes out of business...... :huh:

Thank you for the info. Made my morning. Appreciate the trust you put in us.

Waiting, waiting.........for the response.

BTW, can I get a free dashboard from the 400? :lol:

What a piece or work.

I had a feeling that he was full of B.S. about owning car dealersips. An owner would know how to have handled the situation.

Kudos to Chap for responding to this jerk the way you did. You could have blown him off, but obviously took the high road to satisfy the customer. (whom I doubt will ever be fully satisfied)

He's going to have one #$^% of a drive to get to his dealer for service. Kind of poetic justice that his local dealer went out of business...

(whom I doubt will ever be fully satisfied)

I agree with you Jeff, this guy will never be satisfied, I bet we could have given him a brand new boat and he would have still pissed and moaned about it. I'm glad I'm not in CS, I guarantee this guy wouldn't have gotten anything for free if I were :D

I agree with you Jeff, this guy will never be satisfied, I bet we could have given him a brand new boat and he would have still pissed and moaned about it. I'm glad I'm not in CS, I guarantee this guy wouldn't have gotten anything for free if I were :D

Agree with you there. I'm still waiting for my free prize for winning the October contest................ut oh...........Must be the Mad Cow.....DENNY CRANE!

Remember, he is a USED car salesman. That is scrapeing the bottom of the sales barrel!

And thus, my children, the story of KY is history. Now time for bedtime.

ky.jpg

I have been watching his profile to see when he is on line. He was last seen the day he was called from here. It will be interesting to see if he returns to the dust still flying...or waits till he wants to complain again.

I have been watching his profile to see when he is on line. He was last seen the day he was called from here. It will be interesting to see if he returns to the dust still flying...or waits till he wants to complain again.

I'll put my money (what little of it remains) on we will not see him again until he has a new complaint.

I'll put my money (what little of it remains) on we will not see him again until he has a new complaint.

Well, we all have to remember who he is when he comes back to complain.......

AND BLAST HIM!!!!

Well, we all have to remember who he is when he comes back to complain.......

AND BLAST HIM!!!!

or we can start asking him a lot of "new car" questions- things only a new car dealer would know! mmmmm that could be fun

or we can start asking him a lot of "new car" questions- things only a new car dealer would know! mmmmm that could be fun

:D

I like the way you think.

Oh, I assure you that from what I gather.... he know EVERYTHING!!!!

Drummerman for President! (I guess it's too late to stuff the ballot box)

He can sport around in the new presidential ride.. lol

Limo.jpg