2006 310 Signature A/C compressor

Hey, 

First season with my 310 and I noticed that the A/C tries to cycle but never gets cold. How hard is it to swap out the compressor, or the whole A/C unit. I called a repair man, he confirmed that is a bad compressor and he wanted to know the model number and said it should be in my paperwork, not sure where I would find it. I did notice on the parts list, that I downloaded here  I found this number CHA310-04, when I look it up it states its for Volvo Penta system, I don't have Volvo's, is this part interchangeable. I would prefer the cheapest route as the system at Cecil Marine is $3400. 

Not sure about the layout of your 310. My 290 the A/C unit is located under the cabinet and seating on the Port side next to the steps as you come into the cabin.

In mine it was not too bad. You have to disconnect the wires from the control board (take a few photos first) remove the water hose, and disconnect the duct hoses...if I remember correctly the duct "Y" split that connects to the blower has to come out first, so that you can them pull the unit through where the sit cushion sits. In mine there are a few large "C" clips attached to the floor where you store some of the Table legs, you'll have to remove those... Again, I can only go by the setup on my 290.

Good luck

Jomace- did you confirm that you have water flow through the unit, you should be able to see coming out of of through hull somewhere on the boat.  Reason being is the compressor will not kick on without that water flowing.  You may have to bleed air out of the system if you left the AC seacock open and the boat was taken out of the water. 

Dozer, 

Mine is similar, the unit is under the seating are. did you replace the whole unit or just the compressor,( not sure if that is an option) .   

13 minutes ago, Dozer said:

Not sure about the layout of your 310. My 290 the A/C unit is located under the cabinet and seating on the Port side next to the steps as you come into the cabin.

In mine it was not too bad. You have to disconnect the wires from the control board (take a few photos first) remove the water hose, and disconnect the duct hoses...if I remember correctly the duct "Y" split that connects to the blower has to come out first, so that you can them pull the unit through where the sit cushion sits. In mine there are a few large "C" clips attached to the floor where you store some of the Table legs, you'll have to remove those... Again, I can only go by the setup on my 290.

Good luck

6 minutes ago, clermontnoles said:

Jomace- did you confirm that you have water flow through the unit, you should be able to see coming out of of through hull somewhere on the boat.  Reason being is the compressor will not kick on without that water flowing.  You may have to bleed air out of the system if you left the AC seacock open and the boat was taken out of the water. 

I ran the unit for about an hour and water flows out, how would I bleed the system? 

1 hour ago, Jomace said:

Mine is similar, the unit is under the seating are. did you replace the whole unit or just the compressor,( not sure if that is an option) .   

The blower was making a squeaking noise, so I removed the entire unit. Fortunately did not have to replace anything 

I having trouble finding which unit I have. I cant find any number on the unit it's self. I have the original manual,  Marine Air Systems Vector Compact, On the picture on the Manual Cover there is a number M1070001 but not sure if it means anything, any advice?  

IMG954844.jpeg