Chaparral Web Team

Chaparral Owners Manuals

I echo everything Hank saws above.

It worries me when Hank saws! Drilling I understand, but sawing is a bad thing! :tofunny: Had to respond, it just sounded funny!

It worries me when Hank saws! Drilling I understand, but sawing is a bad thing! :tofunny: Had to respond, it just sounded funny!

Let's ask Hank!

Hank, how do you saw?

:lol:

Hello Webteam

I have an SSX 256 from 2008 EU Version

The 2009er manual has an electrical diagram for the 2009 version

Where can I get one for my baot

Serial:US FGB20663D808 with Volvo GXI 5.7

Thanks Tammo

Hello! I am looking for the owners manual of my 2050SL Sports cuddy, any1 know where to find?

They may need to know what year your boat is.

They may need to know what year your boat is.

Hi Phil!

Thanks for answering, to be honest i have no clue what year. Figuring early 90`S ? I am looking for wiring scheme`s and paint code`s. Also a source to get new OE Chaparral stickers.

Grts Chaos

Hi Phil!

Thanks for answering, to be honest i have no clue what year. Figuring early 90`S ? I am looking for wiring scheme`s and paint code`s. Also a source to get new OE Chaparral stickers.

Grts Chaos

You may be out of luck trying to find a manual for a 20 year old boat. Wiring diagrams are not available for any boat. Not sure what you mean by paint code but once again, you'll never match a 20 year old color. As for the stickers or any Chap parts, suggest you try Joe at Cecil Marine (856-629-4606) x 5 joe@cecilmarine.com. He has helped many of us on the forum.

Good luck.

L_Circuit.gif

If this doesn't help, please ask (serious about that!)

Hank: Sorry, but you failed electricity 101. Switch goes before load, from positive, not after it! Hy

Not always professor. Many horns for example work when grounded. Also many electronic circuits are activated when the transistors source to ground (ECU's). Many dome light door switches work at ground.

;)

I just bought a 1993 205 SL Limited. It has a 4.3 V -6 Mercruiser with a 4bbl. carb. I need info on getting an owners manual for the boat, and an engine manual. Should I be inquiring about any other manuals? Thanks.

I'm looking for owner's manual for 2004 190 SSi. There is a manual for '09 SSi models on the site (which doesn't include 190). Any thoughts? Thanks, Terry

Greetings. Would like to know where I can get a wiring diagram for my 2002 Chap 260 Sig. I am replacing the gauges and the ones most similar to the originals (from v3instruments.com - argent series) are only available with studs for electrical connection. The originals were plugs. The combi-gauge also incorporates fuel instead of trim. So a little rewiring is in order but would like the original diagram to start with. Any pointers??

Thanks,

Frank

We have been told by Chaparral that they do not have wiring diagrams.

Greetings. Would like to know where I can get a wiring diagram for my 2002 Chap 260 Sig. I am replacing the gauges and the ones most similar to the originals (from v3instruments.com - argent series) are only available with studs for electrical connection. The originals were plugs. The combi-gauge also incorporates fuel instead of trim. So a little rewiring is in order but would like the original diagram to start with. Any pointers??

Thanks,

Frank

My factory Volvo service manual for my 5.0GL has a wiring diagram for the instrument panel.

Hank: Sorry, but you failed electricity 101. Switch goes before load, from positive, not after it! Hy

You failed to recognize a ground switched circuit.

Chief, Ed: I must have had a brain freeze. You're both right; I was wrong. Of course there are ground switched circuits in 12V DC set-ups. I don't know what I was thinking. I'd totally forgotten about auto light switches and even gas guages. I should have remembered that: I've done enough troubleshooting and wiring in my day. Electricity 101: AC circuits switch before load (almost always; there are exceptions); DC circuits switch on either side. Hy

Chief, Ed: I must have had a brain freeze. You're both right; I was wrong. Of course there are ground switched circuits in 12V DC set-ups. I don't know what I was thinking. I'd totally forgotten about auto light switches and even gas guages. I should have remembered that: I've done enough troubleshooting and wiring in my day. Electricity 101: AC circuits switch before load (almost always; there are exceptions); DC circuits switch on either side. Hy

How do you determine what is before and after the load when A/C is constantly changing from + to - @ 60 cycles/sec.

You are not making any sense electricaly speaking that is. Oh and by the way howdy. :thl_speedboat:

The + to - is more of a concept with AC and it depends on your ground plane. For 120v it goes 0 to 120. for 220/240 it goes +120 to -120 relative to the ground plane. It is actually just two 120V circuits that are 180* out of phase with each other.

Maybe this will help:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/hsehld.html

So for 120v circuit the side that is NOT common with the ground plane is the "hot" or supply side.

For 220 both sides are "hot" so an on off switch should disconnect both, You could do just one but then you risk of having a floating ground and getting zapped.

Plus it is not "off" when you think it is off. It also helps to know you are working on a 220v circuit. since the 120v will back feed to both sides of the switch / fuse.

Had that happen with a 220v well pump that used the old screw in fuses and one blew. Hard lesson. Know what your working on before you try to trouble shoot. :)