Chaparral Web Team

Chaparral Owners Manuals

70 posts in this topic

Well put, Chief. In addition, if you are working with a two-way switch for house lights (lights can be turned on or off from either switch - think top/bottom of a staircase), you're going to have four wires in the cable. The connections are based on color code at the switches. Had to wire new switches in our daughter's house a few years ago. The house was built in 1917. There was no color coding of wires! All the wires were black; the original switches were two-button over/under, some probably original. We popped the breakers quite a few times until we got the lights working correctly. Luckily, that's never a problem on boats, at least not on ones we deal with. Hy

UHHH, Guys? Maybe a refresher course before playing with the flow of electrons again.

Just to brush up.

No offense, don't want to see any happy Chappies get cooked like a ball park.

You know, "they plump when you cook 'em".

To the point of my question.

I have recently purchased a 1996 Chaparral 2335 SST.

Very nice boat.

Previously owned other makes/styles.

Chap owns the class.

I have no operators or maintenance manuals.

I would very much like to have them, if only for reference.

I have the owner's manual (listed on this thread) but want all the specific info for my boat.

Weights and capacities, service interval rec's, fluid types, tank capacities, etc.

Any ideas where they might be available?

Thanks,

Mike

UHHH, Guys? Maybe a refresher course before playing with the flow of electrons again.

Just to brush up.

No offense, don't want to see any happy Chappies get cooked like a ball park.

You know, "they plump when you cook 'em".

To the point of my question.

I have recently purchased a 1996 Chaparral 2335 SST.

Very nice boat.

Previously owned other makes/styles.

Chap owns the class.

I have no operators or maintenance manuals.

I would very much like to have them, if only for reference.

I have the owner's manual (listed on this thread) but want all the specific info for my boat.

Weights and capacities, service interval rec's, fluid types, tank capacities, etc.

Any ideas where they might be available?

Thanks,

Mike

What is in the owner manual and brochure threads is all there is.

OK, Thanks Mike.

So really I have just one question before I start pumping out.

Does anyone know how much fuel this boats' tank holds?

Again, 1996 2335 SST; 7.4L, Bravo3.

I bought this boat from a bank as a repo.

No kinds of records or manuals or histories.

My IMP holds 80 gallons

I have never been able to add more than 20 gallons to this boat.

Also, I'm getting little if any indication from the fuel gauge.

So, if anybody knows,... please do tell.

Thanks,

Mike

Check this link to 96 sportboat brochure http://forum.chaparralboats.com/publications/brochures/1996/sportboats.pdf. The pages 14/15 and 41 provide some specs for 96 2335 SS boat. I have no idea if SS and SST are the same boats or not. If you look around this part of the forum, or on Chap's main site, you might find owner manual and parts list for your boat as well ... let your fingers do some walking ... ;)

SS is actually a specific designation in the fence industry for a cold rolled steel product (used for a strongere fence post instead of say schedule 40). SS should NOT be used as a designation for Stainless Steel. I always used to use STST but after reading this post, I will follow ASTM guidelines and use SST.

Looking for info for a 1987 198 CXL. Any suggestions?

The brochure archive is going to pretty much be your only source of info from that era.

Chaparral Web Team

There is a fuse panel next to the Battery switch on my 234 Sunesta. The fuses are not identified and are not ID'd in the owners manual under electrical systems. Why not ? this is basic info for the owner. This should not be Dealer privy.

You're right; all the fuses should have been labeled by the factory. The fuse panel on our 2000 Sig 240 is at the bottom of the dash behind what looks like a glove compartment door. When I crawled in front of the seat and looked very carefully, with a trouble light, I was able to read the marking on the fuse panel. At some point I plan to make new labels with one of those label making machines. In addition, I plan to label all the hanging fuse holders which connect to the various electronics. So, I suggest youi check again for very small writing next to each fuse. Even if you find it, I suggest you follow my plan to make up new labels. Hy

Even on newer models the labels are hard to read. I took picture of it and then printed out a large picture of it and put with manuals on the boat.

I just picked up my new H20 19 sport on Saturday. The dealer told me the owner's manual was here. I've looked all over for it. Can anyone direct this newbie to it?? :)

Know this hadn't been replied to in a long time, but just got of the phone with a rep from Chap customer service who was able to pull wiring diagrams back to 92. Said that was the oldest she could find in the archive. They DO have diagrams and are able to email at no cost. This diagram just emailed to me is for 180/185/200 limited and 1800/1850/1900/2000/2050/2200 sl i/o. Let me know if you want it and can't get it from the file i uploaded. Note, some of the writing is hard to read, but you should be able to read most of it. Viewing it and posting this from my phone.

201304231416.pdf

These manual, parts guides, and brochure PDFs have been very helpful!

Are there any "assembly guides", at least for the older models?

I'm interested in how to disassemble some of the panels on my 2005 Signature 290 to get access behind them, like how to remove vinyl panels from the aft berth to take them for vinyl repair, or how to get to access behind the V-berth mirror without damaging anything so I can fix the leak which seems to be coming from the anchor locker.

I need an owners manual for my recently purchased 2015 18' fish and ski... I didn't get one from the dealer

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and boating in general. I just purchased a used 2005 Chaparral 210 SSi and am very excited about getting into the boating scene down here in SW Florida (Cape Coral, FL).

I have a couple of questions for now, more to come later. This may sound stupid, but I don't know how to use the radio. The radio in the glove box compartment on the passenger's side seems to power on and all the functions seem to work, but I get no sound from any of the speakers. There is a small panel on the instrument panel located on the dashboard with a lot of buttons to do God only know. I am thinking one of those buttons will activate the sound system, but don't know and if so which one.

Also, would like to know where I can find an owners/operator manual. I figure somewhere in a manual it will show me all the functions I will need to know. The previous owner said he will look around for the original manual.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and boating in general. I just purchased a used 2005 Chaparral 210 SSi and am very excited about getting into the boating scene down here in SW Florida (Cape Coral, FL).

I have a couple of questions for now, more to come later. This may sound stupid, but I don't know how to use the radio. The radio in the glove box compartment on the passenger's side seems to power on and all the functions seem to work, but I get no sound from any of the speakers. There is a small panel on the instrument panel located on the dashboard with a lot of buttons to do God only know. I am thinking one of those buttons will activate the sound system, but don't know and if so which one.

Also, would like to know where I can find an owners/operator manual. I figure somewhere in a manual it will show me all the functions I will need to know. The previous owner said he will look around for the original manual.

Thanks in advance

Here is the link to the 2005 Chaparral owners manual, including the SSI models. Post up pictures of your radio and instrument panel and maybe someone can help.

http://forum.chaparralboats.com/ownersManuals/2005.pdf

Thanks in advance

As Mike suggested, post some pics so we can help, but I'd recommend starting a new thread as well, in the Boat Talk section. I'm new here too, but you'll quickly find (like I have) that there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to help!