Chaparral Web Team

Signature Cruiser Parts Guides

What if I want a parts guide for the 400? I'm looking for the hull, the engines, the stateroom, and the hard top! Bobman will build the rest for me!

I guess I will have to buy a newer boat to have access to a parts manual. :(

I have already been told that....welcome to the club!

What if I want a parts guide for the 400? I'm looking for the hull, the engines, the stateroom, and the hard top! Bobman will build the rest for me!

Hank, you crack me up!... :tofunny:

Don't worry, Jeff. I'll have you do the electric work. Get some 8 gauge ready!

Don't worry, Jeff. I'll have you do the electric work. Get some 8 gauge ready!

You'll probable "let" me do the cleaning after she gets dirty.

You're on Hank.

:tofunny:

Oh sure! You don't think we can do it! :angry:

We'll build us a 410! :P

As a good friend of mine always said:

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

SWEET. should help answer LOTS of questions about what thru hull is for what, etc. And what thinga ma jiggy is what.

I have already been told that....welcome to the club!

Well guys, I guess we're going to be forced to buy a new boat guys. :blink:

anybody could do that, no challenge, retrofit

Well guys, I guess we're going to be forced to buy a new boat guys. :blink:

That is probably the message and the mission. Kind of like my motorcycle - the dealer will not work on anything older than 10 years :angry: I end up doing a lot myself. More than I like actually.

But it's a Chap we are talking about. So it will last a LONG time. But this is good ammunition to use with the Admiral in floating the idea of buying a 400. :D Even though I notice that there is NOT a parts manual for the 400. Hmmm.

anybody could do that, no challenge, retrofit

I've already started the retrofit. In 06 I had the tops and isen glass replaced. I took the opportunity to have it integrated into the arch. This was needed to eliminate the water leaks around the arch where the top and curtains use to be inside the arch, worked out great. In early 07 I found a pair of leftover 06 5.7GXi's,320hp. What a difference over the original pair of 5.0Gi's 250hp. Right now I have all my lounge cushions in the upholstery shop, upgrading to Naugahyde Soft Touch leather. I'm also getting ready to remove the carpet and install the cherry holly flooring. New flat screen TV (forced by digital upgrade), dash panels, steering wheel and stainless steel window frame (next winter project) are also on the list.

They are working on it.

It takes 3 X the size of parts guides for the 400 as it does for the others, so ....

Also, they are trying to decide if they want to cover it in suede leather with gold leaf trim or a hard platinum case with jeweled trim.

:tofunny:

Can we purchase directly from Chaparral or only through dealers. It looks like the dealers are marking up these prices by over 200% Does anyone know where to purchase 330 canapy covers?

Can we purchase directly from Chaparral or only through dealers. It looks like the dealers are marking up these prices by over 200% Does anyone know where to purchase 330 canapy covers?

I know it's "old school" but check your local Yellow Pages.. boat covers, tops and upholstery... in VB you should be able to find several suppliers. Or ask your mechanic for a recommendation.

You have to purchase through a dealer or other third party source. What most folks here have done is gone to a local canvas shop for items like canopy covers and had them made and these folks have reported getting a better fit for less deer.