Jack Black

How many of you actually attach

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the lanyard kill switch?

• Yes
    • No

I use the lanyard religiously. I just figure that I want everyone in the boat to be as safe as possible. There was an incident that happened last year (I am sure there were more that I am not aware of) on a nearby lake when two boats collided and the passengers were thrown overboard, along with the captain of one of the boats. The captain was knocked unconscious by the collision, and subsequently killed when the boat ran over the top of him. While this may have been a freak accident, it could happen to anyone.

I admit I dont use the lanyard, but I think it's not there for the possibility of the waves knocking you out of your seats. I think it is for things such as boat collisions, driver heart attack, or other unseen type events.

I wish my Chap had a kill switch. I had an '84 Vanguard runabout that had a kill switch, but not this one.

Wasn't the kill switch installed by a lawyer? I never use it, I'm in a 2 ton boat for pete's sake, not a jet ski.

i use it when i am out in the puget sound and when i check WOT speed on lake washington, especially when alone. don't usually even know it's attached, except when I walk away from the helm and she shuts down :blush:

i also use it when i dock and leave the boat out of sight. a bit silly but gives me some peace of mind if someone is rummaging around on the deck in my absence.

Wow, I always use it. For reasons of:

- our boat does a good job putting people in their seats,

- our lakes have tons on boats on them and often rough,

- and I have kids on board.

Probably wouldn't use it if I had a cruiser. When I bought my boat the dealer who sold me the boat mentioned he has see an ejection and boat out of control scenario.

On my 2000 Sig290 - where is the kill switch located - i will certainly use it in the Gulf of Mexico.

Twice a year when I am by myself - once in the spring when she goes in and once in the fall when she comes out. . It's a 45 minute drive on Lake Michigan from where it is stored in the winter to the marina where she floats in the spring.

I personally think if you get up on the throttle to a speed where you could find yourself knocked out of your seat if you're in any type of impact be it with another boat or a wake or whatever then you should hae the safety lanyard hooked on irregardless of boat size because even if it knocks you on the floor, you want those engines shut down cuz you could be knocked out or have a really tough time getting back in control of the boat and it could prevent any further damage from happening. It's not just for getting tossed out of the boat, I would think.