bigbird2000

Just wondering what people used

I was actually thinking about changing my coupler to an electric hydraulic acuator. I have a factory brake controller already installed in my truck so that might work better.

I would try and tow the boat with out the wd bars JUST to TEST if thay are the problem. the eletric hydraulic acuator sounds like it would be a better set up if your going to use wd bars. let us know how you make out good luck. also if you could let us know how much that change over would cost.

I would try and tow the boat with out the wd bars JUST to TEST if thay are the problem. the eletric hydraulic acuator sounds like it would be a better set up if your going to use wd bars. let us know how you make out good luck. also if you could let us know how much that change over would cost.

I just went on a familiar website and saw that the price would be about 5 1/2 herds of deer. At this point we only trailer a few times a year. The trailer was mainly purchased for winter storage and transportation to Cecil marine for service. If I start towing it more i'll definitly look into it.

good luck with your new truck it sure is nice. Have you ck your mpg yet.

Thanks. No mileage checks yet but I am not expecting a lot anyway. :)

I work from the house so daily mileage will be low. :D

I just went on a familiar website and saw that the price would be about 5 1/2 herds of deer. At this point we only trailer a few times a year. The trailer was mainly purchased for winter storage and transportation to Cecil marine for service. If I start towing it more i'll definitly look into it.

WOW thats a lot of $ i would have a rv /trailer service dept take a look at your wd bars because when i talked to a guy out here he told me thay have special set up for surge break trealers. maybe you just need that kit. it was cheep like under a 100 beans..

Thanks. No mileage checks yet but I am not expecting a lot anyway. :)

I work from the house so daily mileage will be low. :D

i will bet towing a boat maybe 8mpg. but who cares when u get to work from home...

WOW thats a lot of $ i would have a rv /trailer service dept take a look at your wd bars because when i talked to a guy out here he told me thay have special set up for surge break trealers. maybe you just need that kit. it was cheep like under a 100 beans..

when I purchased the kit from a reputable trailer shop, they knew it was going on a boat trailer with surge brakes. I think CP was right and the brakes wre just functioning normally. When the caliper seized up on my old SR the wheels were actually smoking from the heat.

One way to check is to hook up and pull a bit. ON level ground jack up a wheel (with breaks on it) and see if there is a lot of drag.

You could also let someone else pull up and backup and make sure the hitch on the trailer receiver is moving properly.

I'd put my 2009 Titan up against ANY other truck in it's class. Pulls the 204 like it isn't even there.

Over Memorial weekend, we pulled the 204 to Texas and back (500 miles one way) using my wife's vehicle - 2008 Durango with 4.7L and tow package. No problems and averaged about 13.6 MPG.

Add me to the Ford family. This is the wife's Expedition. After the first weekend of towing, she want's a F-150. :scratchchin: I have a Jeep JK but not geared for the weight (yet!!!)

4672958866_23908d03c1.jpg

And I thought there were plenty of Solihull metal in the US. Obviously Chap owners steer clear so just to try and give a little balance:

Normal Tow Vehicle is a 2001 Discovery 4.0 litre Auto ES.

IMG00015-20100416-1009.jpg

Alternative which will do the job admirably and my personal favourite is a 1998 Defender 50th Anniversary 4.0 litre V8 Auto

04060002.jpg

And this one will never be used 2001 XKR 4.0 litre V8 Supercharged

1341697-2.jpg

:beer-7687-1:

And I thought there were plenty of Solihull metal in the US. Obviously Chap owners steer clear so just to try and give a little balance:

Normal Tow Vehicle is a 2001 Discovery 4.0 litre Auto ES.

Alternative which will do the job admirably and my personal favourite is a 1998 Defender 50th Anniversary 4.0 litre V8 Auto

And this one will never be used 2001 XKR 4.0 litre V9 Supercharged

Hey Denis O, could you send over some more Top Gear episodes? :banana2:

It's my favorite show on the "telley" and I need some new material.

Did a long trip this weekend and the truck got 14 MPG. (kept it about 75 mph, maybe a bit faster at times.)

Is freaky pulling into sonic almost get a pucker factor on the seats between the poles.

:blink:

Makes the suburban feel like a small car.

-cp

Did a long trip this weekend and the truck got 14 MPG. (kept it about 75 mph, maybe a bit faster at times.)

Is freaky pulling into sonic almost get a pucker factor on the seats between the poles.

:blink:

Makes the suburban feel like a small car.

-cp

Yea I hear ya. Going from an Expedition to the F150 4door was a big difference. It's a couple of ft longer and with the towing mirrors better than a ft wider. I'm always pulling the mirrors in when parking. I will say though that the backup sensors and camera in the tailgate make it a dream backing up and when hooking up the trailer.

We pull into Sonic towing our boat...

'02 Dura max with the screws turned to her! When she's not hooked to the boat, it's hooked to the enclosed trailer for are pulling tractors. Love it!

I bet that ties things up a bit! LOL

Not as bad as you'd think. The Sonic in Bullhead City (AZ) has a nice, wide, open drive through. And it is hard to resist the call of a large cherry limeade during happy hour.