I have a 2007 250 Sig with the

I have a 2007 250 Sig with the 8.1gi/DPS-A and started having problems with the trim on the stern drive. My hydraulic fluid actually almost completely drained and the drive wouldnt move. After some investigating, I found out that the trim pump on the 07's is actually on the stbd side on the drive.....I refilled it to see where it was leaking and found that it only leaks when I hit the stop (trimming the drive all the way up)...and it sprays out of a little white plastic tab on the right side of the trim pump....any ideas on what might be causing this?...or could it just be a busted pump? I did pressure wash the transom a while back..but stayed away from that area Im pretty sure....anyways...any ideas???

I have a 2007 250 Sig with the 8.1gi/DPS-A and started having problems with the trim on the stern drive. My hydraulic fluid actually almost completely drained and the drive wouldnt move. After some investigating, I found out that the trim pump on the 07's is actually on the stbd side on the drive.....I refilled it to see where it was leaking and found that it only leaks when I hit the stop (trimming the drive all the way up)...and it sprays out of a little white plastic tab on the right side of the trim pump....any ideas on what might be causing this?...or could it just be a busted pump? I did pressure wash the transom a while back..but stayed away from that area Im pretty sure....anyways...any ideas???

I think I would be bringing that bad boy back to the dealer and have it repaired under warranty. Why were you pressure washing inside your engine room??? I would NEVER do that.

It isnt in the engine compartment...its ON the drive on the transom...and Id rather yank my teeth out with pliers than deal with my dealer...so if its something easy that I can fix or get my marina to fix...then Id rather do that...

I was at the dealer Saturday having my water system flushed of impeller debris - yes, completely destroyed and blocking the water flow - they showed me the part. What a mess - all that was left was the spline and a rubber coating - all the vanes completely gone.

Anyhow I was talking to the mechanic about other issues to watch out for and he cited this very incident - they had two boats in bays for the warranty work to replace the connection box you have. They say it makes an awful mess when it goes and just sprays fluid everywhere when powered up. He showed me one boat in the bay and big puddle of fluid underneath it.

However, you have to really watch for it if you trailer because the fluid simply drips and it's hard to see. The only real evidence is a puddle of fluid or a really fine film on the connector box. If you keep moored - I guess you'll only see a oil slick or lack of steering.

So he said for me to check after every trip - they're seeing a lot more of these recently - mostly '07 models. In fact, they have ordered two extra boxes just to cover any boats coming in from this weekend. (Now I consider that a proactive service department.)

I say factory recall...

• 6 years later...

We are actually considering buying a 2007 250 and this post has me concerned. Do you know if there was a recall? Is this something a surveyor would catch?

Sorry if my questions sound silly but really new at this boating thing and don't want to buy a lemon :\