Sign in to follow this  
Ladyhawke

DH is applying for a job in Portland.

DH is applying for a job in Portland. I'm curious as to what kind of boating opportunities are around the area. We would want to dry store our boat since we don't have a trailer and tow vehicle. I know that the Columbia River is right there, but is boating any fun on it? Just trying to get a feel for if we should consider selling the boat if this job opportunity arises.

All sorts of boating places on the Columbia. You can run to the dam or head to the coast. Also can run up the Willamet and go to downtown and the waterfront for a concert or ?

Do you winterize your boats there?

Yes, it's standard practice to winterize here. With our 210 ssi we trailer. However the Columbia would be great for your sig. I've lived in the Willamette Valley all my life and love it here. When the sun is out (from mid-June through mid-September) there's no place better. This year we could get an earlier season. One of the mildest winters on record - Thanks to El Nino.

Yes there are plenty of places but my 190 fits in my garage and it is heated. I do not even winterize the boat. It just gets a little tlc and away it goes for its winter nap. Hopefully going to wake it up pretty soon looking at 70 plus this weekend :clapsmiley: To bad the river is still about 45 to 50 degrees.