Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diverman

Hello all. I am a brand spankin

45 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am a brand spankin newbie and would like to say I look forward to spending hours reading the vast knowledge bank on this Chap forum!

I bought my '04 Sig 330 about 7-8 months ago. Wasn't looking to upgrade due to the economy (from my Maxum 2400) but got a deal I couldn't refuse. Of course I had just finished about every upgrade on my Maxum I could think of and was ready to relax and enjoy it. And the upgrade obsession starts anew!

My first major project was to vastly upgrade the audio/video system as I was very displeased with the stock system (the TVs were analog too) and am a tech fanatic and A/V hobbyist. I estimate the whole project (not including researching what equipment I wanted) took around 60+ hours to plan the layout, cut fiberglass and wood, run wires (including fishing 2 gauge from cabin to house bank), install equipment (JL Audio and Polk Audio subs, mids and tweets in cockpit and cabin, two JL Audio multichannel amps- 1500 Watts total- DVD deck and EQ deck, 32” front and 19” mid berth LCD TVs, directional Glomex TV antenna on radar arch and even stuck in a home Blue-Ray player to make movies that much more fun.

I don’t know if anyone really cares but I would be happy to take pics and share (in as much detail as needed) whatever aspects you maybe interested in. If the ridiculous amount of time spent (on two boats now) installing A/V equipment can be of help to anyone planning to do a similar project, I would love to be of assistance!

Other projects (when I get the $ and the Admiral lets me): Full blue LED mood lighting throughout cockpit and on swim step (did this on the Maxum with great results), Lowrance LCD multifunction gauge (NMEA 2000 network) with fuel flow sensors for engines and genset, water tank level indicator and other sensors, a 400AH house battery bank with battery health meter, inverter and new Xantrex charging system. Maybe Faux teak in cockpit and swim step as well? And WAY too MANY more to list! And none of this does the Admiral yet know about.

Anybody else this crazy? Thanks for reading.

Welcome. You seem to have a nice ling list of projects but be sure to take the time to use your boat on the water and really enjoy her.

You'll fit right in. Welcome to the fanatic owners club. And yes post pics. Lots of pics. Congrats on the new boat

Congrats on your 330, and welcome to the forum!.

Pictures are always a good thing here.......

Welcome and to keep the story line going...yes we love pics.....Congrats on joining the Chap family....you will love your 330.

Welcome aboard from one newbie to another -

we too just upgraded from the Maxum 2400 ( after "Pimping" her out ) to Signature 270.

Has Killer Stereo and looking into putting in the U/W lights :oregonian_winesmiley:

Lets see lotts pics please :banana2:

You sound alot like me, I had a 2007 210 Select Searay all upgraded and pounding pretty good, when the wife wanted a bigger and faster boat. :) Who am I to argue with her! :scratchchin:

A few weeks ago I finished my stereo upgrade as well, I installed

2 JL 10" M10W5 Marine Subs

1 JL M4500 4 Channel Amp

1 JL M1400 Mono Block Amp

2 Sets M770 Componant Speakers

Its only money..... :beer-7687-1:

Are we still waiting for pics???????

I have been remiss in my promise to post pics of the A/V installation but the holidays have been insane for me so far! it is nice to know you guys are interested in seeing them and I am happy to show them! Just another week...

I sure would love to see anyone's installs (especially on a 330) as it would be nice to get additional ideas (though the Admiral would have me walking the plank)!

I don't have any of the install itself, just the finished one's

I haven't had her in the water since the upgrade but she does sound great in my shop!

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

More pics !!!!!!!!

Diverman - do you have a pic of your Maxum - I'd love to see a pic of her !..

and OF COURSE the new Chap !!!!!

Here are some pics of the audio system upgrade on my 2006 Sig 290:

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

Here are some pics of the audio system upgrade on my 2006 Sig 290:

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

Hey Jeff...thanks for the pics. What is that at the bottom of your speaker over the cockpit sink? It looks like part of the speaker but then maybe it is something else.

it is a tweeter. it is integral to that model speaker so you don't have to drill more holes.

it is a tweeter. it is integral to that model speaker so you don't have to drill more holes.

Fred is correct. It is a sepaarate tweeter. I went this way with the Clarion Marine speakers because a separate tweeter uses an upgraded crossover for better tweeter frequency response and higher power handling. The separate tweeter also has a bigger cone surface than a coaxial design (tweeter built in to the main speaker, not separate) which gives you better dispersion of the high frequencies, and better imaging.