All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. 28 deer. May have been too high but it had everything I wanted. 06, 8.1 merc bravo 3, 177 hrs, lake erie boat, cabin enclosure ect, nice trailer, and spotless with no bottom paint. Not even sure why people would paint that boat. Its too sporty to paint imo. Looked for a while and there was 2 others that I was ok with owning and they both sold for 40+. I was on a 800mi search too. In the end it was the right boat so I and the wife were fine with the price. You can get a salt water one much cheaper.
  3. Wingnut

Reupholster or new

Great Lakes Skipper has several OEM Chap seats in stock, and I feel their pricing seems competitive with a re-do. https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=4674&manufacturer=1893&p=5&q=Chaparral+Seats
  4. Auggie

Reupholster or new

I have a91 2750sx and I've had the rear pad reupholstered but I have removed the rear seat and and am changing the interior. We want a single small double seat at the helm and something that curves around one side or a couple nice fold down seats so I can have a bit more room to bbq or fish
  5. Yesterday
  6. drewm3i

Reupholster or new

Reupholster. Cockpit cover will have to be custom made.
  7. drewm3i

Underwater lights

I am on the prowl. How many deer did you pay? The current prices seem way too high.
  8. Handling wild animals ? Glad people have so much medical knowledge of bacteria that a bite from any animal will cause .
  9. Just acquired a 1993 SX 2850 and the 2 seats have a vinyl in bad shape ( cracked). What would be the best ( cost in mind) ? reupholster or buy new seats? also, where can I buy a cockpit cover ? Sorry guys but i'm new on boats.
  10. That's where it is... and was pleased to see it was a 6 port not a 4... I have ordered my VesselView Mobile
  11. Just picked up a 265 and couldn't be happier.
  12. I had a 2004 sig 280...which is now the 310. I had twin vp 4.3 gxi duoprops. It ran pretty good.Even with 4 people But , how do you use your boat? 90% of the time it's just me and my wife. If you are going to run with 6-8 people full gas and water, you better test drive it. While I am a fan of VP, check your area for service. If merc is predominant you may want to go with them, makes it easier to repair.
  13. jeffk

Underwater lights

There must have been some type of power surge at the dock. It burnt out my coil, screwed up my battery charger. I never got out of the harbor. I left it back in its slip not plugged in and took a ferry home. When the boat came back my shore cable was out and my batteries were fried. Other than that it was a great trip.
  14. Nice boat where do you keep it?
  15. I think you are completely correct as to the root cause. The oil ring provides the sealing so there is no need to pull it tighter than snug.
  16. If you take big groups with food & water toys ? Get big engines.
  17. Thanks for your input. The two boats I'm looking at right now are 280 Signature. There seems to be a lot of these with both Volvo Penta and Merc set up. I also feel the 4.3 is just a bit underpowered so going to pass on these and try and find something with at least 5.0L preferably VP / DP
  18. Is it a SSi or a Signature? I have a 2835 with 5.7's and it's plenty of power. 4.3's I don't think I would want. Just seems a bit under powered to me.
  19. you are correct the hardtop is a great design, and I'm sure the radar arch on yours is just as nice. l much prefer them to a soft top. Wow iv never seen three inlets on the stern like that. I assume one is for dock side water. I have that inlet also to supply fresh water while at dock so as not to use my tank. My fresh water tank fill is all way up by bow import side. My fresh water dock supply inlet is in where my shore connection is.. funny how on same models they move them around. or it could have been and aftermarket add.. either way a nice option to make the flush process a little easier. and yes i agree, opening the hatch just to make sure there are no leaks is a must. The joystick is HUGE! I'm kinda new to boating still so to be able to handle a 33' in some wind and current at the dock is a huge help for me. it also has a high rpm button to give you a little more handling if the current and wind is strong. great option but expensive lol..
  20. Rob, looking at those terrific pictures you took and I've always mentioned this on this forum about the hardtop and its design and I think it's the best looking design, shape, style etc. out of all the boat manufacturers out there. I've always said Chaparral nailed it on this one as it's perfect! I don't have a hardtop on my 2010 276ssx but a radar arch and even those were designed perfectly, at least the fixed ones of those years and earlier. It's a bit beefier than the Sea Ray arch which adds to that neat look and matches the hull so much better than the thinner ones on other boats and even the newer Chaps. I think they needed to thin them down because now they're folding them down and all that (which I think is kinda cool and very helpful in not just boating under low bridges and other things like that, but also during trailering, especially long distances. But these hardtops are just spot on perfectomundo! I Googled "White Chaparral 330 2014) and these are some of the images that came up. That hull is just super cool-looking! Had a blue one in our marina for a couple of years but the guy ended up selling it and always admired that thing. But the white, I think, it the best and most appealing color to me. Even with the innovative fork bow, it still is very sleek-looking! You can see the creamy tone to the hull white. Love that contrast to the standard cap and gunnel and most of the interior white which is probably the same on all our Chaparrals. So here's something interesting for you, Rob; this boat seems to have the flushport connections also but they're placed on top of the round-over stern gunnel. This is also a 2014 and he has 3 connections so I'm guessing one of them is the water tank? Probably top one is and then port flush and bottom one is starboard engine flush. But the interesting thing about this is how it's different than yours which of course it's MUCH better where they places yours for several reason, mostly to keep them out of the direct exposure to the elements. Looks like that dude in the above pic is enjoying the Volvo Penta IPS joystick and spinning that thing around in place! lol. How do you like your VP joystick and do you find yourself using all the time to dock?
  21. Ah, ok. That's what confused me, the use of the term "manifolds" or their "rear part" is still (or at least I consider it) part of the exhaust manifold and the elbow or riser (which BTW is also a wrong terminology to use 'riser' for the elbow, but I know why they all do that, so that's understood) is still just the manifold, hence the confusion on my part. But really, they should just call them "elbows" and be done with it. It gets confusing because for example, on my 8.1 -- and because it sits so low in the bilge in relation to the water level outside -- I have to have "extensions" and also in my case, the extensions are long as in 6" before they connect to the elbow to bring that level up high enough. So the term 'riser' would fit much better for those extensions rather than using them as synonyms for the elbows. I guess the elbow does bring the exhaust up a little (in some cases) and then towards the Y pipe. But they should really simplify things. I'm still very curious how Volvo was able to isolate the cooling of the manifolds through the closed system and use the raw water for the elbows and keep the two 'solutions' separated from one another when the exhaust flows right through the two. So there is either a catch valve to prevent any raw water that is being injected into the elbows from back-flowing into the manifold or just the way they connect the hose/tube for the raw water into the elbow is done in a way that it forces the water to exit only, no matter what. Either way, it's quite innovative and I would go as far as to say that it's a plus for Volvo vs Mercury, unless the latter has also developed something similar to limit the corrosion factor to just the elbows and not the manifolds. That's huge IMO.
  22. Last week
  23. Some people keep pulling UNTIL it breaks. We have 2 DIY boaters always stripping threads. Can not repair the damage. So our mechanic makes some money.
  24. Just remember this . Any suspended SALTS & MINERALS in water will stick to any surface that gets over about 140 F. Nature rules. Wingnut stated they are not rusting. But mineral deposits will form . A mild chemical flushing would make them like new again. Selecting a solution with a equal but opposite PH number is all it would take..
  25. Great! What a gorgeous boat. I've always liked the all-white Signatures like that and @jeffk's 310 is also all white. But you can see the hull white has a touch of creamy color to it which makes it more interesting, and those flushports right on the stern over are a neat feature. I would still open the hatch a bit to be sure there aren't any leaks when using them to flush the engines. Thanks for the pics, really nice boat, enjoy it!
  1. Load more activity