All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. cyclops2

Handheld VHF radio

OH NO Mr. Bill !!!
  3. Phillbo

Vacu Flush

What issues have you had? Other than maintenance I've never had any issues with my '04 Vacu Flush.
  4. cyclops2

Why Are Posts Being Deleted

Chap is very tolerant of senior remarks.
  5. Phillbo

Squeak when in gear

Just to clarify. When in neutral and idling - no noise. When you put it in gear but do not add throttle does it squeak or is it only once you add throttle to get on plane that you hear the noise? First thought is a loose belt or idler pully going bad.
  6. cyclops2

Choosing the best prop

A 23 foot boat with 6 to 8 200 pounders is doing excellent. Prop is all the engine can handle. you would need to find out amount of prop slippage to make any worth while changes.
  7. cyclops2

Squeak when in gear

deleted
  8. WJones

Squeak when in gear

New to me boat and in fourth outing hearing a high pitch squeak that cycles five to ten times then stops and repeats over. Only happens when driving forward but NOT when idling. Have it on video but can’t upload. Any pointers to begin diagnosis appreciated.
  9. Mjw2121

Choosing the best prop

Sounds like I should stay where I am. I took it out and this 24 is certainly better than the 26 I had on originally. Although I went down from 52 to 48 mph, I could care less bc I rarely ever travel that speed. Thanks Phil for your opinion. I guess if it stays a problem with 6-8 people in the boat, I’ll just add tabs and be done with it.
  10. Happy Hideaway H20

Vacu Flush

I've had issues with my head and the vacu flush system since I bought my 2003 285 SSi 9 years ago. I'm thinking about doing away with it and replacing it with a portable system. Does anyone have any "toilet" stories to tell?
  11. Phillbo

Choosing the best prop

Your WOT is almost maxed out. I would leave it alone. Or maybe look into a 4 blade prop for more torque?
  12. Phillbo

Why Are Posts Being Deleted

I've never seen a post get deleted. I'd don't even think this site has moderators any more.
  13. Phillbo

Handheld VHF radio

Does not play well with others.....
  14. Denis O

Is summer ever coming to Colorado

Eastern Europe is really cak at the moment. Down here in Greece, this far into May would be well into the 80's but not this year. We're lucky to get 72 and very little sunshine. I picked a good year to have a few problems with the boat and be late putting it in. Hopefully, all issues resolved by the middle of this week and the forecast is for over 80 by midweek.....and little wind in the Corfu channel.
  15. Rambo

Handheld VHF radio

The forum's CiC (Clown in Chief) has spoken: " OH YEAH @#$%@# @#$%@#hole LMFO LOLOLOL!". Carry on!
  16. Wingnut

Changing Thermostat on Mercury 5.7

Some years have a temperature sender in the thermostat housing that must be grounded to the block. To accomplish this, Merc used a conductive paste on the sender threads, NOT Teflon tape, and on the housing gasket, there is a brass continuity rivet that goes through the gasket to assure current can pass from the housing into the lower casting. W
  17. Bt Doctur

Well, no year listed or housing listed but if cast iron and uses a brass sleeve to retain the thermostat,ring my be sacrificed replacing the stat
  18. Denis O

A Bit Dropped Off

Just to round this off. With the help of a friend, I got the hoses off and there was a reasonable condition shutter valve, in it's entirety and in the right position. It would appear that the piece that I found in the lower leg was actually from the original, all those years ago. As I had the new one and everything was apart I swapped them. Of course, the bad news is, I need to replace the riser. The original is rustier than a rusty thing. I do hope the manifold is OK. The joys of saltwater boating I guess.
  19. Bt Doctur

just starting out , but getting the hang of it

1st pic, inside skin removed, rotted wood replaced, skin re-glassed in 2nd row far right repaired all the holes from the seat screws and used white epoxy appliance paint last pic on the bottom 3rd row, 1st pic relocated trim pump 3rd far right, how to repair the holes for the motor box hinges that were worn 3rd middle the new batter shelf , removable for any access needed bottom pic the repaired motor box,
  20. Hatem

Garmin GPS 546 Fish Finder Sonar?

Yep, to get sonar to that GPS, you can either use the thru-hull transducer https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/72002/Traditional-HD-ID-Sonar.html or a transom-mount unit so you don't have to drill a 1-1/4" hole in the bottom of your boat's hull, which isn't really a bad thing if done right since millions of boats have more than one in them including mine which has 2 and soon to have a 3rd, possibly a 4th. Transom-mount unit (which from what I hear, work pretty well for depth sounds and other features but no so much with sonar and fish-finder. https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/3081/garmin-010-10272-00.html?category_id=30768&catalogitemid=3739 The The transom-mounted ones work well enough until they're affected by so much water slushing around.
  21. Caribedude2

This seems like a pretty easy job wen reading the manual. Am I fooling myself ?
  22. Bt Doctur

I dont have enough time now servicing the boat customers I have now for repairs . Cant even imagine how I did it when I was still working a full time job with Verizon, now since retired .Only went this route because I`m getting older and really dont want to be crawling inside motor or motor boxes any more. Plus most of this would be done off season/ winter work time. And what they charge in the east is almost criminal "upholstery grand theft". I have a SR 220CC and one guy wanted 800 for just a mooring cover. That I can sew myself too. This all started because I needed to redo the rear seat, splash back and motor box for the boat
  23. Caribedude2

Garmin GPS 546 Fish Finder Sonar?

I have this Garmin on board and the manual seems to refer to a fish finder that requires a Sonar Option. I am pretty sure i don’t have that option. Does anyone have any experience adding that feature and some advise on doing so?
  24. Hatem

Looks great. This is a trade that has a very high demand. If you continue as you are doing and more orders start coming in, you'll end up having to expand because you won't be able to keep up on your own. Just look around here and how many threads are opened looking for vinyl cushions or covers or what have you. Best of luck to you and I can see this turning into a full time operation in no time at all.
  25. Bt Doctur

not a go fast, just a plain GW walkaround,cust wanted just white, did some quick drawings and decided on those colors. The rear seats have the same pattern and the seat backs match the seat bases. A prototype of the helm backrest and believe me this one was the toughest . Had to unstitch the oem to figure it out . and pattern the new material. 1st one was just card stock and then the vinyl .The learning curve for this type of work is straight uphill but I`ll get it perfect.
  1. Load more activity