All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. cyclops2

230 ssi knock and running rich

The sensors with a metal body will have a metal body which should complete the circuit to battery - minus...…………. and crud on metal threads could increase the resistance readings out of specification. Clean BARE threads are the normal.
  3. Today
  4. dave123

The computer operates the sensors on 5 volts. The ohms will change as the sensor gets hot. From around 3000 ohms at 65 degrees to around 200 ohms at 200 degrees. I have the chart in the manual I downloaded. But I didn't see anything about the temp sensors in the exhaust. For some reason there is almost 12 volts going to them. And how does a computer read the sensors with only 1 wire. Come to think of it the knock sensors only have 1 wire. Maybe I'll check the volts to them to see if they are the same.
  5. summerx

Weather Sealing Transom Compartments

I have the same problem on my 330 and plan to do the same thing. on mine, only the starboard side leaks. The port is fine, but I planned to put it on both anyway. I was likewise thinking of stick on rubber door seals. was thinking the foam would saturate and allow water in as well. it would need to be small rubber gasket though, as there isn't much room. when I inspected mine a little closer, it appears it is a manufacturing defect on the top right corner that allows a gap. I was thinking something like this would work. https://www.amazon.com/AUSPA-Stripping-Adhesive-Automotive-Weatherstrip/dp/B07526PZ6S/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3RUHFLHC52S1V&keywords=rubber+weather+stripping&qid=1556276920&s=gateway&sprefix=rubber+weather%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-7
  6. Denny

Uploading Pics

I'm around and on boats almost every day, and it makes me sick to see a boat that has been neglected. If you don't want it any more, at least cover it and protect her insides. Please post pictures of your progress. Denny.
  7. Denny

Replacement Carpeting Related Questions

Ok, got the info. First off, how many do you need? We get them whole sale, they come 100 per box. If you go with the light tan as in this picture, which is kinda like butter scotch, I might be able to help you out. My guy prefers to use Sunbrella, he also says sewing binding on carpet is probably the most difficult thing to sew. let me know. The colored ones are shot with enamel, and can scratch, also if you decide on SS I can help you out there too. Denny.
  8. Denny

1987 Chaparral 200XLC seat removal

Murphy's Law, what will, and what can, usually does happen. You can look at it this way, you get to spend some more time with your girl, getting to know her. Denny.
  9. Good idea. What about your fuel ports, do you have one on each side or not? The reason I ask is because (I think) the newer Chaparrals come with dual fuel ports but not water tank fillups. Did you do the work yourself, drilling the hole and installing the piping? Very nice. The 4G radar is incredible. I was checking it out at the boat show and was very impressed. Is that a FLIR on top of the Simrad?
  10. Colesb

1987 Chaparral 200XLC seat removal

Deny, just wanted to let you know I got the seat off the base. Worked just like you said. Now I've got to replace the seat bottom as a couple of the t-nuts pulled out. Just more fun for the weekend. Thanks again
  11. Curt

Thank you. What we’re the volts with the engine fully warmed up?
  12. Well I finally did the dash redo with the di-noc as suggested, was inexpensive and fairly simple. Also am finishing simrad nss9 and 4g radar install.
  13. rjbergen

Bedding Bolts on Swim Platform

Any idea what the stringers are?
  14. Just installed a port side water fill on my 330 Sig. My new slip I bought is a port side tie so it was a necessity to do this so i could fill up the water tank on regular basis. Filling the star board side now involved removing a good portion of the canvas and trying to hang outside the boat while holding the hose in the hole. Not easy or fun. This is so much better. Should come from the factory like this.
  15. retiredguy

Bedding Bolts on Swim Platform

I have 2007 Signature 330 and agree that hull has half inch Nida core in hull above waterline and solid glass below waterline. Deck also has Nida core.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Futzin'

Uploading Pics

Got it. 'Cool' boat!
  18. cyclops2

r jb only short coming of them keeping everything in stock when I need it overnight. Oh well.
  19. Hatem

So a bad sensor will give you an incorrect volt reading or no voltage at all? I thought that even a bad sensor could give a volt reading (or even the right one) so you wouldn't necessarily know if it's good or bad, or is that incorrect?
  20. Hatem

This is similar to what I was referring to. You can probably find the same rubber material at the large ACE hardware stores. http://www.mirageinc.com/rubber-gasket-12-x-12-weatherstrip-door-tape
  21. Hatem

Project boat/or parts

He definitely enjoyed fishing if he went through all of that with the trolling motor etc. Holes will be a bit of a pain to fill and gelcoat to match, but when there's a will, there's always a way. It takes a bit of practice and trial & error, but those gelcoat repairs are a lot more intimidating than anything else. My first one was tough because I was so worried about all kinds of things that it came out awful. When I put aside the stress, the others came out perfect, even the gelcoat matches perfectly so it's not as bad as most think, just a bit labor-intensive. Of course, no problem. The best method I've found here and the other forums I visit is to have jpg-formatted pics. Trying to upload attachments from your albums and all that is nothing but a royal pain in the asss! Finding an image hosting site is the best way to get your pics in jpg format and you don't need the crapbucket anymore lol. There are many, free image hosting sites to use out there. I use imjur simply because it's about as easy as it can get. Their format makes it very simple to upload pics from your phone or laptop/computer and it automatically sizes them (small/medium/large) and it also automatically makes them jpg. And jpg is the best way to post a pic on this forum because all you have to do is paste the link right into the quote box and it automatically opens the pic. You don't have to use the "manage your attachments" option or anything like that. So I went to your Amazon pics and that actually works well. I just clicked on one of the pics, copied the direct link to it and came here and just pasted the link into this box and here it is. Nice and large and I think as long as you're able to upload as many pics on that site for free, I would keep using it and just do what I just did. You won't be limited to any amounts of pics and can post as many as you like. If the Amazon site isn't free, then go to imgur.com and open an account there and upload your pics and albums etc. Then click whichever pic you want to post and it'll give you several types of link to that pic. Chose the "Direct Link" and that's the jpg one and just paste it right into your quote box and that's it.
  22. rjbergen

I use them a lot at work. I like them, but they’re shipping can be a little outrageous when it’s me paying for it lol
  23. dave123

Screw the boat. I'm going to play with my Camaro now.
  24. dave123

The temp sensor is getting 4.8 volts which is n spec. And 550 ohms at 150 degrees which is n spec. The exhaust temp sensors are getting 11.3 volts but I cant find any info on them. Guess it's time to scan it.
  25. Curt

Each sensor has voltage parameters. If you know the values, specific to the sensor of interest, they're easy to troubleshoot. Being able to do this comes in handy when a code is not being set for whatever reason. Personally, I get rid of the filter. No need unless boating where the air is dusty and dirty. Can’t recall every seeing conditions that warrant a filter. Been around this for more decades than I care to admit. Finally, this situation is perfect for Diacom and Vodia. Being able to see the pulse, graph everything, etc. highlights what’s normal and abnormal.
  26. Curt

Agree, logical next step. The ECT interfaces with the ECM and adjusts timing. This is either a fuel system or electrical issue (affecting timing) based on described symptoms. Suggest pulling the fuel pressure regulator since you’re working on it, and seeing if there’s evidence of clogging. Pressure readings don’t indicate a problem, but the description of symptoms points in this direction. Failed spring/diagram.
  27. jsather007

Uploading Pics

That seemed to sort of work. Can anyone else see this? This was the day I picked up my latest project, had to shovel out about 2 feet of snow before it got hitched on... Welcome to Minne"snow"ta ya'll!
  28. jsather007

Uploading Pics

20190218_104928 by Gerald Sather, on Flickr Testing out photo sharing.....
  1. Load more activity