All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. cyclops2

Need Help!

Do not waste any more time on the boat. There are good boats for sale. You just need to wait for a good one.
  3. There are VERY FEW ....proven........recorded cases each year...........Why ? Because there is no mark or organ damage . You simply can not move muscles & die by DROWNING. Water filling up you throat & lungs.
  4. You have a choice on suicide now. Covid or drowning in water around ...............ANY............dock with outlets or lights. Your choice if you want to give Death the Finger.
  5. Connect & disconnect the .............CORRECT ..............voltage 112 times. Piece of cake job. that would equal 112 pulses from the ECM. You would need to know how long the pulse must be applied. Or ask a dealer. When they want to have a low hour boat. No instructions came with it ?
  6. Got my facts/answer from the mfg . The pins are power on the right ground on the left side . power it up with good 12 volt batt and ground spin the selector screw on the back till the hour glass starts to blink then sit and wait till hours are correct .
  7. Today
  8. rreale

2004 256ssi Head

sounds like you have a port a pottie. on my 255ssi, i have a vaccuflush. if that is what you want, you will need a holding tank(approx 6 gallon) with vacuum generator. some holes in the side of the boat for vent and waste pumpout, new toilet, wiring, etc. my 255 came with a built in toilet paper holder. where to put the toilet paper is gonna be the least of your worries. my holding tank is on the port/stern side, about 5 feet behind the front passenger seat.
  9. I finally solved it. Thank you for your advise.
  10. The ringed terminals and the half/half connector look to be from a 120v battery tender.
  11. That pic is very close to what I have. The large heavy cables attach to the Inverter`s 12V terminals. The three prong is the grill wire plug. It plugs into the other end (120V) of the Inverter. The only wires that I cannot identify are the red and black ring terminals. It is hard to tell what they are attached to, do they come out of the floor? The white starboard is to mount the inverter. I had to move mine against the back wall because I upgraded to a larger size, 2000W and it fit better there. The fan that you hear is a blower motor attached under the grill. It is used to cool the bottom of the grill. Turning the red switch opens the circuit to the inverter and activates the fan. Make sure the two 12V terminals do not touch with the switch on.
  12. So what is a safe distance to be swimming from a marina? I see people swimming at ours all the time so I never really thought about the safety factor.
  13. I was wondering if there are any boaters from the Boston area on here? We keep the 260 Signature on the north side of the harbor.
  14. rreale

Radio help

yes disconnect remotes and try . they are old components, might have to go with a new system. here is a link to manuals. https://prospecelectronics.com/user-manual
  15. Salt water is more forgiving since it it go to ground more easily. If your anodes are being eaten up, thats a clear sign that your boat or the boat besides you has a wiring problem.
  16. No you can’t do that. It requires a tach pulse from the engine to count hours. If it bothers you consider upgrading to a “SmartCraft” gauge that reads info from the CAN bus. They can also give you lots of other info. The Faria MG3000 is a good option. If you have a Mercury the MerMonior and Vessel View are good options.
  17. Your boat is probably self bailing. Our smaller boats are not, any water that gets into the boat ends up in the bilge and the bump will not get it all.
  18. Iggy

Radio help

Disconnects the remotes one by one and see if that resolves it.
  19. This is what I have under the sink. I hooked up the batteries that are in the ski locker area, plugged in the cord under the port seats, and when I turn on the red switch, a fan comes on. the fan is somewhere near this storage area. I assume the fan is to move air so the grill doesn't heat up any part of the boat? The cord that needs plugged in, in this picture, goes to the grill but I can't see where to plug it in. I'm confused. HAHA!
  20. RandR

Radio help

Looking for help with the stereo on my 2004 274 Sunesta. I still have the original stereo which is a JBL MR16 or MR15. Also equipped with 2 REM25 remotes. Everything works and the sound has been great, until all of a sudden i am now unable to adjust the volume with either the head unit or the remotes. I have tried messing with the head unit for hours but it just isn’t functioning the way it is supposed to. So, I’m thinking I’ll need to replace the head unit. I’d love to avoid rewiring and replacing the remotes if possible. I’ve seen on other threads that the MR145 or MR165 are compatible with my existing remotes- although unfortunately these seem just as impossible to find as another MR15 or MR16. I realize this technology is totally obsolete but i want to explore my options before diving into a whole new system. Anyone have any suggestions?
  21. not the cleanest water usually.
  22. failed shore power cords failed boat AC circuits electric tools plugged into a socket extension cords You dont notice them because they cannot scream for help, just sizzle and go under
  23. Our docks have signage warning about the possibility of electrical current, but doesn't prohibit you from swimming off your boat/slip. Lots do. How does electric current get into the water to cause the threat? I didn't see that in the article.
  24. It's against the rules at my Marina on Lake Powell but obviously not everywhere.. Don't swim in the marina people!!! https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-lake-electrocution-incident-lake-pleasant-scorpion-bay-dock
  25. Phillbo

Need Help!

Sounds like you would just be buying someones problems. Probably the reason he's selling but it does not make sense that he would not address the issue before putting it on the market. Could be something minor like needing new props or something major in the engines....
  26. Compiled

Need Help!

That does not sound right at all. Just engine trimmed in should be enough to get on plane unless the boat is really loaded down even my problematic 260 with the weaker 280hp 5.7 gets on plane with full fuel, water and 5 adults with just engine trim. I would also pass
  1. Load more activity