All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Denny

Water in bilge

Normal is none during the dry spells, do Shepherds suggestions. When do you notice it, before running or after. Dry it complete and then go from there. Just sitting in the water, then sitting with the engine running, and finally your normal running. This will help you determine when it gets wet. When it comes to boating, there are no stupid questions, only stupid unsafe people that operate boats. Denny.
  3. JimnAl

IMG_0500.JPG

That was the maiden voyage for Aurelia in Coeur d'Alene ID. Signature 310 heading for its new home in 2017.
  4. Chap243

1986 Chapparal 204 walkaround

While I am not specifically familiar with your boat, in general the entire boat length should drain backward to the bilge, where the accumulation of water can be pumped out or drained out via the garboard drain.
  5. MonicaGate

Hello

Hello guys, and especially all the students here, let me offer you a great service which you totally will like!For the same day essay working very professional writers, so you can be sure any your assignment will be high quality and be done as fast as you want!
  6. Marla

Also, I will have this in a wet slip on a fresh water lake. It has no bottom paint. Do you know whether painting it is a good or bad idea?
  7. Marla

Thank you! I see those. Anything drain the compartment with the fuel tank?
  8. Shepherd1

Water in bilge

Might be hard to see, but check carefully the following: - the bilge drain plug base itself - the blue drain plugs on the engine; if missing the o-rings water can drip in, especially with the engine running - using a garden hose, spray down the stern boarding ladder mounting hardware, cockpit drains and hoses - possible water can get past sealant around drain fittings
  9. Chap243

The only bilge drain I`m aware of is at the back, bottom of the boat. Just don't pull it while still in the water.
  10. Marla

Can someone tell me where the bilge drains are located?
  11. Jonny40QBH

Water in bilge

so maybe a stupid question.... my 2018 264 sunesta always has some water in the bilge. how much is considered "normal". It is annoying to me because i am a neat freak and i dont like the dirty water in there Jonny
  12. Shepherd1

Dumb question #28

Would your engine happen to be carbureted vs fuel injected? i.e. MerCruiser 5.7L Thunderbolt Ignition. If so, carb models sounded the alarm constantly with the key in the 'run' position until the ICM (igntion control module) is told there is adequate engine oil pressure from the oil pressure sensor. Fuel injected models were smarter and understood that with the engine off, oil pressure is not really possible, thus fuel injected models had 2 beeps after performing a self diagnostics at key on to indicate all is well to the operator. If memory serves I think the MerCruiser 5.7L carb was the base engine with probably Bravo 3 as standard but maybe Alpha 1 for drive option. Engine for engine, the Bravo 3 would have outperformed the Alpha all day long for thrust, tracking and fuel efficiency. Example of carb'd MerCruiser 5.7L (350 cid) circa 1998 Example of MerCruiser 5.7L EFI (350 cid) throttle body
  13. Curt

Dumb question #28

If you have a carb with an electric choke, 15-30 seconds is very wise for a cold engine. The spring moves when heated with an electrical current. This doesn't happen instantaneously. If you don’t wait, it’s hard to start and tends to flood. If you wait the approximate 15-30 seconds, it pops right off. A throttle pump or two/three is good as well (like you are doing). Can’t answer your question/statement about fuel pump without knowing year and motor. Go boat, all is normal.
  14. Jonny40QBH

Fresh water guy looking to the Bahamas??

I have felt uncomfortable on the Chesapeake Bay in my 26' bow rider. I would not do a trip to Bimini in my boat. ....but that is just me
  15. cyclops2

Will turn over but won’t start

I have backed into sand more than 1 time. Raw water pump was all that was needed to be replaced.
  16. cyclops2

Dumb question #28

A low oil level somewhere. ?Running the engine stirs it up enough to turnoff.. Find what is causing the alarm before a break down.
  17. Shepherd1

How to pull engine hours from 4x4 square RPM gauge?

Engine does not need to be running to display actual engine hours off the tachometer. If for some reason the hours won't cycle through at key on, maybe the engine hours are not set to display.
  18. cyclops2

YOU ARE NOT TO DO THE FIRST TRIP ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!! NO BUT BUT.
  19. Iggy

NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway

Well good luck with it!! When I did it, I had to move pins around.
  20. brick

My Tow Vehicle was DESTROYED! (Video and Photos)

Bummer. Hope the Chaparral is OK. brick
  21. Volvo Penta discontinued the tube of grease. It’s not needed. Just dip it in water after putting a wire tie on the inner third or so. Once about 3/4 inch of the impeller is in, slide the tie off and push her home. A helpful tip, bend the vanes so they lag rotation.
  22. summerpenguin

Dumb question #28

I see, like when you open your car door with the keys in the ignition? I was asking my original question because I've read here where others say their noise stops. Maybe mine is too old and the newer ones stop. Thanks!
  23. summerpenguin

Dumb question #28

Yes, it stops when the motor starts up. I found the codes list that Wingnut has posted and the only Constant alarms seem to be when the motor is running, like low seawater pump pressure, etc. Like I said, this sound is when the key is halfway, before trying to start the motor. So, I'm sure someone is going to ask... "Well, why leave the key there?" I thought it was a good thing to have it there for 15-30 seconds so the fuel pump will start, etc. If I don't have to do that, I won't. I just thought that was Best Practice.
  24. Curt

Dumb question #28

It’s not an alarm. It’s just telling you the key is in, and ignition live.
  25. Curt

Need suggestions/help

Sounds like a float. The Edelbrock 1409 is a vast improvement and Chris is spot on about it and the long troubled TKS carb. A few suggestions. Be sure to get the electric choke, and wire it correctly. And, get the intake/carb spacer. Really helps prevent vapor lock. FWIW. The 1409 carb is somewhat often posted on eBay and reasonable.
  26. jeffk

https://www.bahamas.com/faq/boating-flings
  1. Load more activity