Photo

Who else has a Chaparral on Lake Simcoe?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 300sflyer

300sflyer
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

So as the topic asks, who else has a Chaparral on Lake Simcoe? Perhaps we Chaparral owners can meet up on the lake at some point over the summer? :thl_speedboat:
1995 Chaparral Signature 31
Twin Mercruiser 357 MAG Bravo 4V
Bravo 2 Drives
Ontario Canada

#2 glory

glory
  • Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

up in spaish area but have traveled down through the 4 locks to simcoe 2 yrs agao
if we plan a trip ill let you know
An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind. M. Ghandhi
1998 240 sig 5 liter 220 hp efi merc bravo 3 stainless props and lovin it

#3 Centralontboater

Centralontboater
  • Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

I am on Lake Simcoe and as a matter of fact I ran from Barrie all the way down to Bradford and back. It was rough going down but beautiful coming back up. Have you ever been to Big Chief Island in Lake Couchiching? If you havent you should go there a least on weekend this summer. Enjoy your boat!

:beer-7687-1:
Tow Vehicle: 2005 Nissan Armada LE (Silver)
Boat: 2008 Chaparral Sunesta 244 Extreme!
5.7 Volvo duoprop (320)hp
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Rick W.

Rick W.
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

So as the topic asks, who else has a Chaparral on Lake Simcoe? Perhaps we Chaparral owners can meet up on the lake at some point over the summer? :thl_speedboat:

Hi Mike:

We are not on Lake Simcoe but will be coming your way around the 19th of June on our way through to Georgian Bay.
Hoping to stay in the "Port of Orillia" for three days (max).
Our Chaparral is a 1992 Signature 28 (32 LOA)with twin 4.3's

Rick W.

#5 glory

glory
  • Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

where from mike/
An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind. M. Ghandhi
1998 240 sig 5 liter 220 hp efi merc bravo 3 stainless props and lovin it

#6 300sflyer

300sflyer
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

Our Signature 31, is moored at the south west end of Simcoe, near Cooks Bay, at Kon Tiki Marine. :)
Bravo 2 Drives
Ontario Canada

#7 shayward

shayward
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

I'm in the Midland area. We bought our boat at Lefroy Harbour.
It's a sweet ride!

Attached Files

#8 Horst

Horst
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hi
Have a SLC2000 on Lake Simcoe.
Boat is moored on the Muskinonge River at Harry's boat dock, right at Riveredge restaurant
Horst

#9 bigpoppapump_5

bigpoppapump_5
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

Our Signature 31, is moored at the south west end of Simcoe, near Cooks Bay, at Kon Tiki Marine. :)

Hello 300sflyer,

I am parked beside you at Cooks Bay Marina. I just purchased my boat over a month ago. Would be great to meet up with another Chaparral owner on Lake Simcoe.
2011 Chaparral 186 SSI
Merc 4.3L TKS 190 HP

#10 mpm330

mpm330

Retired Admiral of the United Texas Fleet

• Members
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

Welcome to the forum bigpoppapump . We are glad you are here and believe that you will find answers to a lot of your questions. We also provide some humor, of course at no charge to you other than the initiation fee you paid to join this forum ;)

A few pointers for you to do (if you have not already done so) to help us help you:
1. By clicking on your name in the upper right corner to bring up your options select my profile to add into your signature your location (geographic area).
2. Also under your signature add the type of boat you have and its mechanical systems, such as boat type, engine, drives, etc. This way you don't have to type it into to every post you put up. This will help us help you a lot! Without it, you may not get any answers.
3. Use the Search feature in the top right corner of the forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum that will answer many of your questions. We have a lot of experts here with a large amount of life experience.
4. Take a minute to review our Terms of Service, again right corner. There is good information in there that you will want to know including that we cannot discuss pricing. But read some of our other posts on here to learn the work around for that. ;)
5. We like pictures a lot! So when you get a chance, post some pics of your ride. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.
6. Take some time to look through the Help (upper right corner) and > Info Center) located under Chaparral Boats Forum on the main page. From there you will find parts guides, brochures, manuals, specifications, canvas installation manuals, vinyl care information, square gauge setup, weather links, computer desktop backgrounds, etc. Lots of good stuff there for you and your Chaparral!
7. Come back early and often to post. We are a community of friendly and some of us are border-line psychotic. But we admit to it and that's the first step to recovery ;)

Again, welcome to the asylum/forum and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.

:thl_speedboat:

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina
twin 350 mags / BIII with DTS
Lake Lewisville, The United Texas

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ."
Thomas Jefferson

#11 mpm330

mpm330

Retired Admiral of the United Texas Fleet

• Members
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hi Mike:

We are not on Lake Simcoe but will be coming your way around the 19th of June on our way through to Georgian Bay.
Hoping to stay in the "Port of Orillia" for three days (max).
Our Chaparral is a 1992 Signature 28 (32 LOA)with twin 4.3's

Rick W.

Welcome to the forum Rick W. . We are glad you are here and believe that you will find answers to a lot of your questions. We also provide some humor, of course at no charge to you other than the initiation fee you paid to join this forum ;)

A few pointers for you to do (if you have not already done so) to help us help you:
1. By clicking on your name in the upper right corner to bring up your options select my profile to add into your signature your location (geographic area).
2. Also under your signature add the type of boat you have and its mechanical systems, such as boat type, engine, drives, etc. This way you don't have to type it into to every post you put up. This will help us help you a lot! Without it, you may not get any answers.
3. Use the Search feature in the top right corner of the forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum that will answer many of your questions. We have a lot of experts here with a large amount of life experience.
4. Take a minute to review our Terms of Service, again right corner. There is good information in there that you will want to know including that we cannot discuss pricing. But read some of our other posts on here to learn the work around for that. ;)
5. We like pictures a lot! So when you get a chance, post some pics of your ride. Read through this thread to learn more about how to do so.
6. Take some time to look through the Help (upper right corner) and > Info Center) located under Chaparral Boats Forum on the main page. From there you will find parts guides, brochures, manuals, specifications, canvas installation manuals, vinyl care information, square gauge setup, weather links, computer desktop backgrounds, etc. Lots of good stuff there for you and your Chaparral!
7. Come back early and often to post. We are a community of friendly and some of us are border-line psychotic. But we admit to it and that's the first step to recovery ;)

Again, welcome to the asylum/forum and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.

:thl_speedboat:

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina
twin 350 mags / BIII with DTS
Lake Lewisville, The United Texas

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ."
Thomas Jefferson

#12 300sflyer

300sflyer
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hello 300sflyer,

I am parked beside you at Cooks Bay Marina. I just purchased my boat over a month ago. Would be great to meet up with another Chaparral owner on Lake Simcoe.

The wifey and I will likey be on our boat most of this weekend. :) Come on by! :beer-7687-1:
Bravo 2 Drives
Ontario Canada

#13 Broace

Broace
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

WOW.....34 people have read my post...but no one has replied? I guess there isnt anyone that has a remote car starter for their Eos ? Anywhere else I should post this?

#14 Richard W

Richard W

Always Learning

• Members
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

Huh? ... :scratchchin:... maybe Eos forum!

Best ... Richard

Have boat called "anytime", 2007 Chaparral 270 Signature, with
VP 8.1Gi-H 375hp and 1.78 DPS-A with F4 duoprop, cruising

Saint Lawrence River and Lake Ontario in USA and Canada

#15 300sflyer

300sflyer
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

Huh? ... :scratchchin:... maybe Eos forum!

+1
Bravo 2 Drives
Ontario Canada

#16 ashaw

ashaw
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

We have a 2008 290Signature out of LeFroy Harbour . She's all ready to go , just need the warmer weather now .
2008 290 Signature

#17 300sflyer

300sflyer
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

The wifey and I decided to move up to Starport Marina, near Orillia this year. A MUCH nicer facility than Kontiki with MANY more features, for about the same price. The drive getting there is a bit longer, but well worth it. ;)
Bravo 2 Drives
Ontario Canada

#18 ashaw

ashaw
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

we are shooting up to Ojibway Marina next Friday . Heading over to Rama for the Friday night . Hope the weather agrees with the trip up and back .

Show me the aces baby !
2008 290 Signature

#19 SimcoeChap

SimcoeChap
  • Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Hello all. We were hoping to have our 97 240 Signature for the Victoria day weekend but it doesn't look like we can get it until next week. We will be moored at Marina Del Rey up in Orillia.
Mark

1997 240 Signature 350 Mag Gen+ Bravo III
Previous Boats
1984 Checkmate - Twin 125HP Merc's
1967 Starcraft Holiday - 40HP Johnson

#20 Scott C

Scott C
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hi, we just purchased a 287 cuddy after selling our 28 cruiser. We are at Baer Harbour at the narrows, the name of our boat is Risky Business. We should try to get others together and meet up over the coming summer.
Keep us posted, thanks Scott.
2011 285 SSX Sport Cuddy
Volvo 8.1, GXI 420 HP DP, Black
Previous boat- 28 Chap. Cruiser
Lake Simcoe, Barrie, Ontario