1) Are these standard straps from chaparral or the trailer manufacture? (Really does not matter but curious)
2) Are overly tight straps needed to hold the boat on the trailer during transportation?
3) Do the straps at the back of the boat really hold the boat on the trailer?
4) Is it standard to leave the straps locked down 24-7 or only during transportation?
5) Can I actually put enough tension on these straps using the cam-action that it could cause cracking around the u-hooks at the back?
(remember these strap have to be tight to work correctly)
6) Does anyone have an opinion about me only snug tighten the straps 24-7 as opposed to bringing them down real tight, so is it better or worse?
7) Will the cam-action straps still work efficiently if I only bring them down snug tight?
8) Just so you know I am opposed to loosing the straps while in storage, because I am worried that I or someone else will drive off with loose straps that might fail or fall off, so I am looking for a solutions for strapping down 24-7 that is tight enough to work.
9) Will a set of pull-down straps work just as well as these buck-down straps?
Thanks for you help?