• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kat's Kradle

Kat's Kradle
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

Question:
Upgraded our Chap 290 to Chap 330 a few months back.
Bow thruster battery appears not to hold it's charge, assume battery is original. 2007 but only 35hrs+.
1) Where is that battery located, engine compartment or the one under the cabin dining table. Assume the one under the table powers it's lift.
2) Also, when cruising (generator not engaged) should I shut off the thruster batt charger or does it not matter?
Thanks,

'07 Sig 330
Twin 5.7L 350MAG

#2 mpm330

mpm330

Retired Admiral of the United Texas Fleet

• Members
  • 11,931 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

Question:
Upgraded our Chap 290 to Chap 330 a few months back.
Bow thruster battery appears not to hold it's charge, assume battery is original. 2007 but only 35hrs+.
1) Where is that battery located, engine compartment or the one under the cabin dining table. Assume the one under the table powers it's lift.
2) Also, when cruising (generator not engaged) should I shut off the thruster batt charger or does it not matter?
Thanks,

Good upgrade!

The battery for the bow thruster is located in the bow under the table. The battery for the table lift is the house battery(s). The battery charger for the thruster is also in the same compartment. Check to make sure the battery has water, if it requires it. I would pull the battery and have it tested to see if it is good. If battery is good check the charger. The thruster battery only gets recharged from the charger located by it. If you are out and not running the genset, then it really doesn't matter were the breaker is set for the thruster charger. When on shore or genset, then the breaker should be turned on so the thruster battery charges. Number of hours on boat does not translate to life of battery. A 4 year old battery is a 4 year old battery, it is going to depend on how it was maintained. If it has been sitting on charge for all that time without being maintained, my guess would be the battery is dry and is toast. For that use I would look at an Optima Deep cycle that doesn't require maintenance and stand up to the type of charging.

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina
twin 350 mags / BIII with DTS
Lake Lewisville, The United Texas

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ."
Thomas Jefferson

#3 Kat's Kradle

Kat's Kradle
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

XLNT! Thanks for the timely response and advise.
Cheers,

'07 Sig 330
Twin 5.7L 350MAG

#4 mpm330

mpm330

• Members
  • 11,931 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

So did you get the new carpet you had asked about? Being in Austin, I am guessing that you are on Travis.

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ."
Thomas Jefferson

#5 Kat's Kradle

Kat's Kradle
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yes, Lake Travis.
No, haven't bought the new carpet yet.
Still have the full winter covers up and am now thinking we need to purchase a summer cover for cockpit/helm area since it didn't come with one.
"It's always something...."

'07 Sig 330
Twin 5.7L 350MAG

#6 mpm330

mpm330

• Members
  • 11,931 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

Yes, Lake Travis.
No, haven't bought the new carpet yet.
Still have the full winter covers up and am now thinking we need to purchase a summer cover for cockpit/helm area since it didn't come with one.
"It's always something...."

The cockpit cover is what I use 90% of the time. Camper curtains are only up for a couple of months in the winter and I could of left them off this year. It was just to darn cold to use the boat. Maybe this wind will lay down and I can spend the weekend at the boat.

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina

Thomas Jefferson

#7 RANDE

RANDE
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

No wind to speak of this weekend. Chance of some T-Storms up your way, but nothing that would prevent one really nice weekend on the water. I'll be out in Scottsdale at spring training, or I'd be living on my Chap this weekend.
2001 186SSi w/ESP - Gone But Not Forgotten!
4.3L EFI Merc
Riviera Marina, Lake Travis ATX
180 Club Member #65

#8 mpm330

mpm330

• Members
  • 11,931 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

It is looking good! :mandancing:

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina

Thomas Jefferson