bow access - cuddy cabin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 QuintsSharkShack

QuintsSharkShack
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

Of all the questions I've asked of the previous owner regarding our 1988 198c xl boat, after finally launching and
getting used to the boat, I realized one glaring question I overlooked: how do I access the bow of the boat?! There are
hand rails on either side but nothing I would trust for sure footing while carrying an anchor to the bow. The windshield
is a two piece affair(rather than the 3 piece middle fold out window offered on bow riders). Is there some way that the
two piece folds down,up,over....that I'm (really) missing?

If there was ever a newbie question asked, it's this :) Thanks for your understanding and help on this.

Regards,
Scott

#2 Chief Plasma

Chief Plasma

Davy Jones... "What's in your locker?"

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

is the anchor not already up there?

1995 2130 SS Chaparral 5.7 with Yamaha Stern Drive.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4wd Heavy Duty w/ Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi (a beast!)
CIMG0347-1.jpgNashville.gif
05.jpg01.jpg

>>Smart Tab Install<<.......... >>My Boat Bookmarks<<

#3 Phillbo

Phillbo
  • Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Is there a hatch in the cuddy you can pop up through?

#4 SST

SST
  • Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

I have an 87 Chap and a cuddy cabin. There ain't now way around the window except climbing over it. I have an achor box sitting behind the captains chair which holds 40 some feet of rope. The anchor is also sitting behind me. The only way to anchor the bow is to either carry the anchor over the window and toss it in or toss the anchor over the side and then climb over the window to tie it up on the forward cleat. Drinking would not be a good thing until after the boat is secured.

I suppose you could store the anchor under the hatch and climb out each time but I think it will be easier to climb over the window than out the hatch.

No easy out on this one.

1987-235XLC
Mercruiser Magnum 350/Alpha One
80gal tank @ 5.6gal/hr 3000rpm
1996 Ford Bronco 197K miles
1977 Trans Am/6.6L 4 speed/ 79840 miles-Sold

23Algosea7-2-2012-ds.jpg

#5 TXTWIN

TXTWIN
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

is there not room to walk around the outside of the window? I often walk on the ledge on the outside of the cockpit area of my 330. Weather its when putting the cover on, or some other mindless task that happens with the ownership of a boat. Its not a huge walkway like on some boats, but its enought to fit my feet on, and keep some balance (even after consuming fluids).
Kris
"optional necessity"
'05 330 Signature
Twin 320hp 5.7 OSI w/DPS-A (Yep, the XDPs are gone!)
Lake Belton, TX
Posted Image

#6 mpm330

mpm330

Retired Admiral of the United Texas Fleet

• Members
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:53 PM

is there not room to walk around the outside of the window? I often walk on the ledge on the outside of the cockpit area of my 330. Weather its when putting the cover on, or some other mindless task that happens with the ownership of a boat. Its not a huge walkway like on some boats, but its enought to fit my feet on, and keep some balance (even after consuming fluids).

You are doing better than me. My big feet don't fit down the side.

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina
twin 350 mags / BIII with DTS
Lake Lewisville, The United Texas

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ."
Thomas Jefferson

#7 TXTWIN

TXTWIN
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

You are doing better than me. My big feet don't fit down the side.

didnt say it was always easy. :popcorn:
Kris
"optional necessity"
'05 330 Signature
Twin 320hp 5.7 OSI w/DPS-A (Yep, the XDPs are gone!)
Lake Belton, TX
Posted Image

#8 SST

SST
  • Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

I'm not familiar with the original posters design, but on mine, there is no side stepping around the window. Essentially, from the top of the window frame to the water level is a nearly straight down wall.

1987-235XLC
Mercruiser Magnum 350/Alpha One
80gal tank @ 5.6gal/hr 3000rpm
1996 Ford Bronco 197K miles
1977 Trans Am/6.6L 4 speed/ 79840 miles-Sold

23Algosea7-2-2012-ds.jpg