New seat skins

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dtflyer

dtflyer
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

Has anyone out there used or heard of a company called CopyCatCovers? I was just browsing around the internet and happened to run across them. Their service is to have the boat owner remove the vinyl skins from seats or whatever upholstery needs recovering and send them in to the company. They then replicate the covers in new vinyl and return them to be re-attached to the frames. Sounds interesting but I am one who likes to hear from the experiences of others. Thanks
Dave
1985 200 XLC
Clearlake CA

#2 htowngirl

htowngirl
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

Has anyone out there used or heard of a company called CopyCatCovers? I was just browsing around the internet and happened to run across them. Their service is to have the boat owner remove the vinyl skins from seats or whatever upholstery needs recovering and send them in to the company. They then replicate the covers in new vinyl and return them to be re-attached to the frames. Sounds interesting but I am one who likes to hear from the experiences of others. Thanks

We just bought factory skins from Chaparral for our 256 SSi. I looked at copycatcovers and even emailed them for a quote. They never responded. After that, I read some negative reviews on them and we decided to spend the money on factory skins, and install them ourselves. There were some good reviews too, but enough bad ones to make us decide against it. We also got a quote from an upholstery shop - it was about the same price as the factory skins, but of course their quote included labor to install.
2005 256 SSi
496 Volvo Penta DP
Houston, TX