I am the new parent of a 1999 180

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Freddie

Freddie
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

I am the new parent of a 1999 180 LE. It has the standard seating configuration (fore and back facing seats both sides) I have the short mini bimini top that just covers the front seats. Where can I get a complete full bimini top that extends back to cover the next 2 seats? Here are a couple of pix, i don't have many yet.
Posted Image

Posted Image
1999 Chaparal 180 LE 4.3
"The truth only hurts if it is supposed to..."

#2 ___

___
  • Members
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

You have the same boat as I do, just the 1999 version. The type of top you currently have is referred to as a "convertible top". :D

You can order a full bimini by taking a look online. You just need to know a few dimensions like width, length and height from the mounting location to the top. The basic bimini tops mount using standard hardware included with the top kits. These aftermarket bimini top kits run between $250-$400 depending on size and materials.

Some owners have upgraded the mounting hardware to be more like a factory installation. A fellow Chappy, Chap190, recently displayed photos of his hardware upgrade which included poles that replaced standard straps. This type of hardware upgrade is very nice and will increase the cost by about 40-50%.
Check out this link: http://forum.chaparr...amp;#entry47445
Honorary 180 Club Member #1

#3 Freddie

Freddie
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

Bob, thanks for the info and the link. I'm on it....
1999 Chaparal 180 LE 4.3
"The truth only hurts if it is supposed to..."