Chaparral Owners Manuals

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 SterndriveEd

SterndriveEd
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hello! I am looking for the owners manual of my 2050SL Sports cuddy, any1 know where to find?

#42 Chief Plasma

Chief Plasma

Davy Jones... "What's in your locker?"

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

You are in the right forum... just need to go back one then up...

http://forum.chaparr...s/1993-1994.pdf

1995 2130 SS Chaparral 5.7 with Yamaha Stern Drive.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4wd Heavy Duty w/ Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi (a beast!)
CIMG0347-1.jpgNashville.gif
05.jpg01.jpg

>>Smart Tab Install<<.......... >>My Boat Bookmarks<<

#43 TeeJay

TeeJay
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

I'm looking for owner's manual for 2004 190 SSi. There is a manual for '09 SSi models on the site (which doesn't include 190). Any thoughts? Thanks, Terry

#44 FrankB

FrankB
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

Greetings. Would like to know where I can get a wiring diagram for my 2002 Chap 260 Sig. I am replacing the gauges and the ones most similar to the originals (from v3instruments.com - argent series) are only available with studs for electrical connection. The originals were plugs. The combi-gauge also incorporates fuel instead of trim. So a little rewiring is in order but would like the original diagram to start with. Any pointers??

Thanks,
Frank
Frank

2002 260 Sig
Volvo Penta 5.7 GSi, DuoProp
Tuckerton, NJ

#45 mpm330

mpm330

Retired Admiral of the United Texas Fleet

• Members
  • 11,909 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

We have been told by Chaparral that they do not have wiring diagrams.

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina
twin 350 mags / BIII with DTS
Lake Lewisville, The United Texas

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ."
Thomas Jefferson

#46 somekevinguy

somekevinguy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:00 AM

Greetings. Would like to know where I can get a wiring diagram for my 2002 Chap 260 Sig. I am replacing the gauges and the ones most similar to the originals (from v3instruments.com - argent series) are only available with studs for electrical connection. The originals were plugs. The combi-gauge also incorporates fuel instead of trim. So a little rewiring is in order but would like the original diagram to start with. Any pointers??

Thanks,
Frank

My factory Volvo service manual for my 5.0GL has a wiring diagram for the instrument panel.
2004 Sunesta 212 5.0GL

#47 R.W.L.

R.W.L.
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

Hank: Sorry, but you failed electricity 101. Switch goes before load, from positive, not after it! Hy

You failed to recognize a ground switched circuit.
1991 1600 SL
1996 Suzuki DT75

#48 professor48

professor48
  • Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Chief, Ed: I must have had a brain freeze. You're both right; I was wrong. Of course there are ground switched circuits in 12V DC set-ups. I don't know what I was thinking. I'd totally forgotten about auto light switches and even gas guages. I should have remembered that: I've done enough troubleshooting and wiring in my day. Electricity 101: AC circuits switch before load (almost always; there are exceptions); DC circuits switch on either side. Hy
professor48

#49 R.W.L.

R.W.L.
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

Chief, Ed: I must have had a brain freeze. You're both right; I was wrong. Of course there are ground switched circuits in 12V DC set-ups. I don't know what I was thinking. I'd totally forgotten about auto light switches and even gas guages. I should have remembered that: I've done enough troubleshooting and wiring in my day. Electricity 101: AC circuits switch before load (almost always; there are exceptions); DC circuits switch on either side. Hy

How do you determine what is before and after the load when A/C is constantly changing from + to - @ 60 cycles/sec.

You are not making any sense electricaly speaking that is. Oh and by the way howdy. :thl_speedboat:
1991 1600 SL
1996 Suzuki DT75

#50 Chief Plasma

Chief Plasma

Davy Jones... "What's in your locker?"

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

The + to - is more of a concept with AC and it depends on your ground plane. For 120v it goes 0 to 120. for 220/240 it goes +120 to -120 relative to the ground plane. It is actually just two 120V circuits that are 180* out of phase with each other.
Maybe this will help:
http://hyperphysics....ric/hsehld.html

So for 120v circuit the side that is NOT common with the ground plane is the "hot" or supply side.
For 220 both sides are "hot" so an on off switch should disconnect both, You could do just one but then you risk of having a floating ground and getting zapped.
Plus it is not "off" when you think it is off. It also helps to know you are working on a 220v circuit. since the 120v will back feed to both sides of the switch / fuse.
Had that happen with a 220v well pump that used the old screw in fuses and one blew. Hard lesson. Know what your working on before you try to trouble shoot. :)

1995 2130 SS Chaparral 5.7 with Yamaha Stern Drive.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4wd Heavy Duty w/ Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi (a beast!)
CIMG0347-1.jpgNashville.gif
05.jpg01.jpg

>>Smart Tab Install<<.......... >>My Boat Bookmarks<<

#51 professor48

professor48
  • Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Well put, Chief. In addition, if you are working with a two-way switch for house lights (lights can be turned on or off from either switch - think top/bottom of a staircase), you're going to have four wires in the cable. The connections are based on color code at the switches. Had to wire new switches in our daughter's house a few years ago. The house was built in 1917. There was no color coding of wires! All the wires were black; the original switches were two-button over/under, some probably original. We popped the breakers quite a few times until we got the lights working correctly. Luckily, that's never a problem on boats, at least not on ones we deal with. Hy
professor48

#52 pitch

pitch
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

Any chance we can get PDF copies of the 2010 and 2011 owners manuals?
Posted Image
2011 Black Vapor 216 SSi, 5.0 Volvo GXi SX - Pier Pressure
Fort Loudoun Lake, Knoxville, TN

#53 NNV MIKE

NNV MIKE
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

UHHH, Guys? Maybe a refresher course before playing with the flow of electrons again.
Just to brush up.
No offense, don't want to see any happy Chappies get cooked like a ball park.
You know, "they plump when you cook 'em".

To the point of my question.
I have recently purchased a 1996 Chaparral 2335 SST.
Very nice boat.
Previously owned other makes/styles.
Chap owns the class.

I have no operators or maintenance manuals.
I would very much like to have them, if only for reference.
I have the owner's manual (listed on this thread) but want all the specific info for my boat.
Weights and capacities, service interval rec's, fluid types, tank capacities, etc.

Any ideas where they might be available?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike
1996 2335 SST
7.4L Bravo 3
EIGHTSIXTEEN

2009 GMC 2500HD Duramax
6 sp Allison
Tow package
Silver Birch Metallic

2006 GMC C5500
8.1L, Allison Rough Service Duty
Bobzilla
Not For Hire

#54 mpm330

mpm330

Retired Admiral of the United Texas Fleet

• Members
  • 11,909 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

UHHH, Guys? Maybe a refresher course before playing with the flow of electrons again.
Just to brush up.
No offense, don't want to see any happy Chappies get cooked like a ball park.
You know, "they plump when you cook 'em".

To the point of my question.
I have recently purchased a 1996 Chaparral 2335 SST.
Very nice boat.
Previously owned other makes/styles.
Chap owns the class.

I have no operators or maintenance manuals.
I would very much like to have them, if only for reference.
I have the owner's manual (listed on this thread) but want all the specific info for my boat.
Weights and capacities, service interval rec's, fluid types, tank capacities, etc.

Any ideas where they might be available?

Thanks,
Mike

What is in the owner manual and brochure threads is all there is.

Delivery_day_11.jpg

Mike
2009 Sig 330
Lady Christina
twin 350 mags / BIII with DTS
Lake Lewisville, The United Texas

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ."
Thomas Jefferson

#55 NNV MIKE

NNV MIKE
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

OK, Thanks Mike.
So really I have just one question before I start pumping out.
Does anyone know how much fuel this boats' tank holds?
Again, 1996 2335 SST; 7.4L, Bravo3.
I bought this boat from a bank as a repo.
No kinds of records or manuals or histories.
My IMP holds 80 gallons
I have never been able to add more than 20 gallons to this boat.
Also, I'm getting little if any indication from the fuel gauge.
So, if anybody knows,... please do tell.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike
1996 2335 SST
7.4L Bravo 3
EIGHTSIXTEEN

2009 GMC 2500HD Duramax
6 sp Allison
Tow package
Silver Birch Metallic

2006 GMC C5500
8.1L, Allison Rough Service Duty
Bobzilla
Not For Hire

#56 Richard W

Richard W

Always Learning

• Members
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

Check this link to 96 sportboat brochure http://forum.chaparr...sportboats.pdf. The pages 14/15 and 41 provide some specs for 96 2335 SS boat. I have no idea if SS and SST are the same boats or not. If you look around this part of the forum, or on Chap's main site, you might find owner manual and parts list for your boat as well ... let your fingers do some walking ... ;)

Best ... Richard

Have boat called "anytime", 2007 Chaparral 270 Signature, with
VP 8.1Gi-H 375hp and 1.78 DPS-A with F4 duoprop, cruising

Saint Lawrence River and Lake Ontario in USA and Canada

#57 Artedo

Artedo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

SS is actually a specific designation in the fence industry for a cold rolled steel product (used for a strongere fence post instead of say schedule 40). SS should NOT be used as a designation for Stainless Steel. I always used to use STST but after reading this post, I will follow ASTM guidelines and use SST.

#58 makodrummer

makodrummer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Looking for info for a 1987 198 CXL. Any suggestions?
Kelly Harris
Laurens, SC
1974 Mako 22B 200 Mercury
1974 Sea Ray SRV240
1987 Chaparral 198 CXL
2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Super cab short bed 4x4 XLT with 5.4 gas and Auto.
2006 Honda VTX 1300C Bagger on the Darkside

#59 Chaparral Web Team

Chaparral Web Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Looking for info for a 1987 198 CXL. Any suggestions?

The brochure archive is going to pretty much be your only source of info from that era.

Chaparral Web Team

#60 stillcrazy

stillcrazy
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

There is a fuse panel next to the Battery switch on my 234 Sunesta. The fuses are not identified and are not ID'd in the owners manual under electrical systems. Why not ? this is basic info for the owner. This should not be Dealer privy.